ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-sessional course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rahul1981
Newly Registered

Pre-sessional course

Post by Rahul1981 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:24 pm

I got offer letters to study MA in both Roehampton and Goldsmith, University of London. My previous visa application (Tier 1 Entrepreneur) was refused and it is in appeal at the UTT. I might get the result from them at any time and if they don't allow me to go to the UTT, I will have only 28 days to make a fresh application but the course start date is in September. In this circumstance, I am planning to apply for pre-sessional English course, though I completed my MA degree earlier from the UK.

Would any one please let me know, will the home office accept my application for pre-sessional English course in this condition?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Pre-sessional course

Post by Greenie » Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Well firstly, have the two universities confirmed they will give you a CAS for the MA given you already have an MA?
Are they aware of your unsuccessfull entrepreneur application?

If you are thinking of applying for a stand alone pre-sessional course using a stand alone CAS for that course then you're going to need to convince a tier 4 sponsor why you need to do that course given you already have a UK postgraduate degree, you'll then need to convince the home office that you're a credible student and not just someone buying some more time..

Rahul1981
Newly Registered

Post by Rahul1981 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Dear Greenie,

Thank you for your reply. I completed my MA degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other languages) degree and now I have applied for (MED) MA in Education degree. I want to do this degree for professional development. It will help me to get a better position in the organisation I am working or I might work in a managerial position at an educational organisation if I intend to go back to my country. Moreover, as an English teacher I always try to develop my English language skills. Completing an English language course will help me to do so.

The university is convinced but my concern is whether the Home Office will consider my point or not?

Rahul1981
Newly Registered

Post by Rahul1981 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Greenie wrote:Well firstly, have the two universities confirmed they will give you a CAS for the MA given you already have an MA?
Are they aware of your unsuccessfull entrepreneur application?

If you are thinking of applying for a stand alone pre-sessional course using a stand alone CAS for that course then you're going to need to convince a tier 4 sponsor why you need to do that course given you already have a UK postgraduate degree, you'll then need to convince the home office that you're a credible student and not just someone buying some more time..
Dear Greenie,

Thank you for your reply. I completed my MA degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other languages) degree and now I have applied for (MED) MA in Education degree. I want to do this degree for professional development. It will help me to get a better position in the organisation I am working or I might work in a managerial position at an educational organisation if I intend to go back to my country. Moreover, as an English teacher I always try to develop my English language skills. Completing an English language course will help me to do so.

The university is convinced but my concern is whether the Home Office will consider my point or not?

Rahul1981
Newly Registered

Student visa approved

Post by Rahul1981 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:29 am

Hello everyone,

Recently, my student visa has been granted. Thanks to everyone in this forum who helped me in numerous occasions. Last year I was very depressed while my tier 1 entrepreneur visa was refused, then both first and upper tier dismissed my appeal. At that time, this forum was really blessing for me and inspired to fight. Thanks again for being so supportive and inspiration for me.

snapitbik
Nepal

Re: Student visa approved

Post by snapitbik » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Congratulation ,

Please can i know which university did you enrolled in and under which program please can i know asap as my visa tier 4 visa expiring on 15 sept 2015

Best Regards