ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-entry after completion of course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasha12
Newly Registered

re-entry after completion of course

Post by nasha12 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:06 pm

I am on Master's course which will officially finish on September 10th. I want to leave UK in late August an return to UK in the end of September to apply for PSW. Will I have any problems on arrival? Thank you for any info!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm

You may be refused entry at a UK port under 321A.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bb21

Post by bb21 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:33 am

Depends on a number of things. Firstly when does your visa expire? I would hazard a guess at end of December / January? Secondly when will your degree ceremony be? THirdly will you be pursuing further studies?

IMO a port official will not normally refuse you entry especially if you had a few months left as you are officially allowed to work full-time during those period or if you still had graduation ceremonies to attend. You may also wish to apply for further studies, PhD etc, so refusal or even a variation of leave from Code 2 (work allowed as authorised) to Code 3 (prohibition of employment) as normally the case for people solely with the purpose to attend graduation ceremonies / visitors would be very harsh.

Obviously no one knows how it will go. I had the same situation a few years ago and the immigration officer at Heathrow Terminal 1 did not batter an eyelid. Good luck.