ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding college switching

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rony0044
Newly Registered

Regarding college switching

Post by rony0044 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:22 am

Hello everyone;
I badly need some infornation regarding college change. I hope to have best cooperation from all of you,please.
I came in London in 2012 and finished my degree level 7 in 2014. The university issued 2 CAS letters because I had to retake the same course in the following year.

Recently I took admission in a private funded college in level 7 and recently I have received my visa. But I want switch to a public funded college in the same level and same course. I have got an offer from a public funded college with workplacement. The thing is I have seen in the Tier4 policy guideline in page 57 that even though after fulfilled all the requirements there is a possibility that the HO may refuse the application. The application I will make it will be on my own risk.

I am really not clear about that particular saying. Moreover if I get the CAS from the college and meet other HO requirements then what could be the reason to refuse!

Please I really do need your suggestions.

Kind regards
Jahan.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Regarding college switching

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:16 am

It just means that you need to make a full normal Tier 4 application. It could be refused if you fell foul of one or more of the basic requirements of a Tier 4 application or the general grounds for refusal, but this is no different from any Tier 4 application.

Previously, someone could request permission to change sponsor, without making a full Tier 4 application, so there would not be any potential refusal. This is still the case for people with Tier 4 leave that they applied for before 5 October 2009, which is why the guidance then goes on to explain the procedure for those people.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.