ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding the 6 year cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tbzah25
Newly Registered

Regarding the 6 year cap

Post by tbzah25 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi immigration gurus,

I have query regarding my cap period for a tier 4 student visa.

History is as follows:

MEng Engineering from 15 september 2007 to 15 june 2011
STUDY PERIOD: 3 years 9 months

I was on PSW from december 2011 to 21 december 2013
I actually started an Msc while a few months were still left on my PSW.

MSc Engineering 16 september 2013 to 16 september 2014.

Now the tricky part is that I was issued a CAS in december and thats when i applied for tier 4 visa. The CAS start date is 26th December 2013 and i received my visa in february.

So if I go by my student visas I have spent at most 4 years 6 months on student visa while studying and since I have a 6 year cap because of my four year undergraduate degree i still have got 1.5 years left on the cap for degree studies. Correct me if i am wrong but i can still apply for an MBA of 18 months which adequately addresses progression and also lies within the cap times. Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks

riz1986

Re: Regarding the 6 year cap

Post by riz1986 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:41 am

U could simply consider the tym spent studying the course not the visas issue n start date .
So from that u hv spent 4 yrs and 9 months
If a university can issue a CAS then it could be okay but it wuld be higly unlikely they will let u go beyond 6 yrs after considering your course history.

Considering u hv done two masters (MEng + MSc) u could get one yr MBA course some exemption etc (rather than 18 months) making it easier to get a tier 4 visa and staying within 6 yr limit

riz1986

Re: Regarding the 6 year cap

Post by riz1986 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 am

U could simply consider the tym spent studying the course not the visas issue n start date .
So from that u hv spent 4 yrs and 9 months
If a university can issue a CAS then it could be okay but it wuld be higly unlikely they will let u go beyond 6 yrs after considering your course history.

Considering u hv done two masters (MEng + MSc) u could get one yr MBA course some exemption etc (rather than 18 months) making it easier to get a tier 4 visa and staying within 6 yr limit