ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shifting Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guidancereq
Newly Registered

Shifting Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4?

Post by guidancereq » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT Visa with my wife being on Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa. Our current VISA expires on 7th Sept 2018. After moving to UK my wife was struggling in her career and she has decided to pursue MSc in Finance course and have been selected by KCL. Since the course finishes on 30th Sept as per CAS, we wanted to shift to Tier 4 VISA and I wanted to become her dependent. Our questions are:

1. Can we change from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 incountry or do we have to go back to our home country to apply?
2. Should we make application together or should she first change her Visa and thereafter I make my application?
3. If I make my application afterwards, can I do it from UK?
4. If for some reason we are refused Tier 4 VISA, will it habe any impact on my Tier 2 ICT VISA valid until Sept next year?

Also, since she has very carefully chosen this course and she has been selected in one of the top institutes in UK, do we have to worry about questions being asked in our credibility interview of shifting from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4?

If yes, then the reasons such as:
Current visa expires before end of course,
She wants 4 months of post study time to explore any opportunities for job after course
She does not want to switch to Tier 4 in Xmas as she may not get any time off from Uni to change VISA.

Would the above responses be considered valid for credibility interview? Please guide.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Shifting Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:38 pm

1. She can only apply for Tier 4 in her home country. You can apply for Tier 4 Dependant in the UK.
2. Either.
3. Yes.
4. No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.