ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should i cancel my application or go ahead?plz help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kaydee0
Newly Registered

should i cancel my application or go ahead?plz help

Post by kaydee0 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:05 pm

i applied for my visa about a week ago.i didn't include my previous passports and ielts certificate because i thought those weren't required(my bad).i got a call that i have to go in for second interview.i received email in which they said that they'll inquire regarding my travel history etc.when i read my application again i made a mistake.there's a question there that i have to list all the travelling that i did in the past 10 years from my country of residence.i was living in U.A.E till 2008.my last visit on permanent visa(u.a.e) was in december 2008.after that i visited u.a.e 3 times on visit visa.my issue is since i thought my country of residence is pakistan i just stated the travelling i did the 3 times.iam worried that they might refuse my visa on the basis that i lied though i didn't do it intentionally.i don't mind applying again but i read in the policy guidance booklet that if i have lied i won't be able to apply for 10 years.please give your suggestion and advice.i only have 4 days to cancel my application.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: should i cancel my application or go ahead?plz help

Post by aaliya1986 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:24 pm

i will try to explain few things and in bullet points to make it easy for you to understand.

1. there is no permanent visa for Pakistani national in UAE. you have residence, called an Iqama.

2. did you not fill the form youself? and i think the form is pretty much clear about travel history, you should have filled it correctly, accurately and to the best of your knowledge.

3. although you claim to have forgotten to fill it but the entry clearance officer will not see it in this way. they will see it as a hidden information and etc. and you not sending your all passports will make their doubt stronger.

4. adding your ielts certificate is important only if you are applying for a tier 4.
in your post you have not mentioned what visa you have applied for. as you have posted it in the student area, i assume you have applied for a tier 4, and for that ielts is one of the important documents, just like your educational certificates. therefore the entry clearance officer may ask you to submit your ielts certificate or may even refuse on the grounds of no evidence of english, and etc.

clear out these points in the second interview. see it as a chance to clarify yourself and propose to provide

1. travel history,
2. previous passports.
3. ielts or any other missing documents.

good luck and keep us updated.

kaydee0
Newly Registered

Post by kaydee0 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

residence visa is what i meant by permanent visa.i did fill it myself but i don't know how it didn't cross my mind at that time.iam not really worried by the refusal if it is on the basis of incomplete documentation but if they doubt my intention that i didn't provide them with the correct information on purpose is of concern to me.i thought of cancelling my application the day i submitted because of not providing previous passports and ielts certificate but i thought that i'd apply again but the point that iam thinking they'd be raising regarding travel history is worrisome.what do u suggest?should i cancel/withdraw my application?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:45 am

as i said.. dont cancel or withdraw but when you go for the second interview. explain the situation and scenario and request the interviewer to allow you to send some further documentation which you forgot or missed to send before.

withdrawing will not help because once you put the info on the system and apply, it stays there, so when you apply next time, it will also be linked and could be seen easily by the case worker.

kaydee0
Newly Registered

Post by kaydee0 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:29 pm

i already sent in the withdrawal form yesterday.i don't think they have it yet because i haven't received any reply.should i cancel the withdrawal form or let it go through?