ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa curtail

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Awi.cmu

Student visa curtail

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi all gurugh ....
Hope I got answer from you .
One of my friend got student visa curtail and the HO arrested her and she go back to her home country valantearly on her on expanse . So she got only one year ban .

Her visa expire on 15.03.2016

But she just thinking is she came to Ireland on same visa and from Ireland to uk she came as domestic flight . Is that Any problem for her on Ireland immigration or enter uk??

Request all gurugh to reply ASAP thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student visa curtail

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Which Ireland is she thinking of coming to on the same Tier 4 visa - Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:39 pm

CR001 wrote:Which Ireland is she thinking of coming to on the same Tier 4 visa - Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland?

She was thinking to come Dublin and then come from there to uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:43 pm

She cannot use a UK student visa for Dublin. Dublin (Republic of Ireland is NOT part of the UK).

She would also be very silly to try and re-enter the UK on a visa that has been curtailed and she has been banned. When did she leave the UK?

Her visa being curtailed means it is no longer valid, it has been cancelled. The expiry date means nothing because she doesn't hold a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Her visa was curtail on 2 September and what happened if she take connecting flight via Dublin to uk I mean there are some uk flight like are lunges which is also connecting flight with other airline . Is it possible ??

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:51 pm

No, because as CR001 has already explained, even if her visa was still valid (which it isn't), she wouldn't be permitted to enter Ireland, even if only transiting.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:55 pm

She will not be allowed into the UK as she does not have a valid visa and she is banned for 1 year from the UK. If she tries to do this, it is a blatant disregard and frustration of the immigration rules and she could face a ban for a further 10 years.

She will not be able to re-apply to enter the UK until 2nd September 2016 in any visa category.

What was the reason for the visa curtailment and ban?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Casa wrote:No, because as CR001 has already explained, even if her visa was still valid (which it isn't), she wouldn't be permitted to enter Ireland, even if only transiting.

Is the Ireland immigration knows about this that her visa is curtail .... I think she just check the visa on passport not even check for transit ....

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:59 pm

She was sick and didn't attend the college .

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:02 pm

CR001 wrote:She will not be allowed into the UK as she does not have a valid visa and she is banned for 1 year from the UK. If she tries to do this, it is a blatant disregard and frustration of the immigration rules and she could face a ban for a further 10 years.

She will not be able to re-apply to enter the UK until 2nd September 2016 in any visa category.

I am just wondering that is Dublin immigration knows about her visa curtail and also she use Dublin just for transit that's all
And in uk I think in domestic flight there are no immigration check as well

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Likely she needs a visa or transit visa for Ireland depending on what her nationality is. The UK and Ireland do share immigration information and she would have to declare her circumstances of the curtailment/ban if she applies for a transit visa etc for Ireland.

What she/you are thinking of doing is not going to work. She is not allowed in the UK for 1 year. If she attempts this, she will be an illegal immigrant as she has no right to be in the UK.

If she was not able to abide by her Tier 4 visa conditions when she was in the UK and does wish to return at some point after the ban, she would do well to wait it out in her home country or face potentially serious problems.

You won't find people on this forum who will give you advice on how to enter the UK illegally or ways to trick immigration to sneak back in.

Does she have documentary evidence of what her illness was? But she appears better now and wants to come back :shock:

Did she communicate with her educational institution?

Please remember that HO have seen and heard all the excuses and reasons people have used over the years for not sticking to the conditions of their visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks for your reply thaku soo much yeah she was just thinking if can can enter uk or not

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Awi.cmu wrote:
CR001 wrote:She will not be allowed into the UK as she does not have a valid visa and she is banned for 1 year from the UK. If she tries to do this, it is a blatant disregard and frustration of the immigration rules and she could face a ban for a further 10 years.

I am just wondering that is Dublin immigration knows about her visa curtail and also she use Dublin just for transit that's all
She'd need a visa to Ireland and without one she won't even be allowed on the plane.

Crackpot plan...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 pm

No, she cannot enter the UK. Her Tier 4 visa was cancelled and she was banned (which means she is not allowed in the UK at all on any visa for 1 year). Not sure what your friend thinks 'banned for 1 year' means.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Awi.cmu wrote:
Casa wrote:No, because as CR001 has already explained, even if her visa was still valid (which it isn't), she wouldn't be permitted to enter Ireland, even if only transiting.
Is the Ireland immigration knows about this that her visa is curtail .... I think she just check the visa on passport not even check for transit ....
UK & Ireland are both part of the Common Travel Area. This involves considerable co-operation on immigration matters between the British and Irish authorities.

If your friend ever hopes to visit UK again in the future after their ban they would do well to wise up.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:26 am

The advise would be simple. Don't travel. If your "friend" had to be withdrawn on attendance grounds, that's at least three meetings at a college missed and a succession of emails. Add to that she had her Visa curtailed (and would have been notified of this) and chose to stay in the UK until deportation day, and then had to get deported after speaking to the Home Office. If you want her to get here so badly in this method, feel free to, but you'll destroy her immigation history completely and wave goodbye to any chance of her being able to come to the UK to finish whatever it was that meant she couldn't attend college.

Awi.cmu

Post by Awi.cmu » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:08 pm

I seen to many people who use the same route Ireland even visa was curtail as well people are enter via Ireland . And why Ireland immigration did't stop these people ..मंं

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Are you just waiting to read the answer you're hoping for? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

You should ask the Irish immigration authorities if you want an answer to that question. I am sure they would be delighted to provide you with a detailed explanation.

Is it really such a big deal to wait 11.5 months for the ban to pass? If your friend attempts to do it, she will be illegal in the UK and won't be able to do anything without a valid visa.

She should just face the fact that she did not continue to meet her visa conditions and got caught, deal with it!! HO was well within their rights to curtail and ban her!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Casa wrote:Are you just waiting to read the answer you're hoping for? :?
+1 Casa :roll:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Awi.cmu wrote:

Dublin is not domestic and they do check passports, I flew Dublin-Leeds every week for a year. your 'friend' won't even be allowed on the plane.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Can this topic maybe be closed?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.