ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa expire, apply for visitor visa to find job

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zcesh55
Newly Registered

Student visa expire, apply for visitor visa to find job

Post by zcesh55 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi, I really need advice.

I am a fresh graduate and my visa will expire in October, I wanna go back to my country and apply visitor visa and stay in the UK for six months to apply for job. I have my cousin and his family in the UK and they are all british therefore i wanna apply for family visitor visa instead of applying for tourist visa. However I am afraid that I could be rejected because in order to apply for family visitor visa, you and person inviting you have to have a close relationship and secondly I just went home from the UK there is no reason to go back to visit them. I am filling the application form, and they ask me what I plan to do in six months ( purpose of visiting). What should i write to convince them? and If you dont disagree with the option of applying for family visitor visa, what do you recommend??

THank you very much

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student visa expire, apply for visitor visa to find job

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:18 am

I advise you prioritise finding a job before the end of October, so you can switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

zcesh55
Newly Registered

Post by zcesh55 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:26 am

sah10406 wrote:I advise you prioritise finding a job before the end of October, so you can switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
Hi, yes i am still finding a job but the process would take for a few months. I wanna apply for visitor visa to attend to any interview in future.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:06 am

For a visitor visa you have to prove that you will leave the UK and that you have strong ties to your home country. How are you going to do that?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zcesh55
Newly Registered

Post by zcesh55 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:11 am

CR001 wrote:For a visitor visa you have to prove that you will leave the UK and that you have strong ties to your home country. How are you going to do that?
Hi,
To be honest, I really dont know, currently I dont have a job in my country. There are many reasons for them to reject my application. If you have a better solution, please tell me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:36 am

sah10406 wrote:I advise you prioritise finding a job before the end of October, so you can switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
This is the best option and advice you will receive.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.