ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa from another country help needed urgently

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Student visa from another country help needed urgently

Post by altaf_88 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Hello,

i am from Pakistan, I just got a chance to go and study in Russia, my dad is already there and he is asking me to come and try to study in Russia, if i don't like it i can the apply for tier 4 general visa for UK.

I wanted to ask if it is possible for me to apply for British student visa, if i am in russia on student visa already

noajthan

Re: Student visa from another country help needed urgently

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:20 pm

altaf_88 wrote:Hello,

i am from Pakistan, I just got a chance to go and study in Russia, my dad is already there and he is asking me to come and try to study in Russia, if i don't like it i can the apply for tier 4 general visa for UK.

I wanted to ask if it is possible for me to apply for British student visa, if i am in russia on student visa already
If you are not yet in Russia (and not yet seeking to leave) not sure what the urgency is.

If you have ambitions to study in UK, and are capable of doing so (intellectually, financially, emotionally, linguistically etc etc), just apply and see what happens.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:07 pm

the urgency is that I have to apply for the russian visa by the mid of coming week.

and will i be able to apply for British student visa while i am in Russia on student visa, or will I have to come back to my home country and then apply?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:48 pm

altaf_88 wrote:will i be able to apply for British student visa while i am in Russia on student visa, or will I have to come back to my home country and then apply?
Based the UKVI guidance it appears that you would only be able to apply for entry clearance from a country where you are a resident. So the answer would depend on whether you would be considered a resident in Russia if and when you decide to apply.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... the-policy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:44 am

You don't qualify for a Tier 4 visa for the UK as you have already studied here from 2008 to 2015. This has already been advised and starting a new topic with a variation of the same question is NOT going to change the answer.

5 Years Cap Update Help Need by Moderator

You seem to be exploring every possible way to stay in the UK for the last 2 years :shock:

Help Needed form a Moderator

Tier 4 Visa Expiry and Cap

Tier 4 to Tier 1 Entrepreneur Cisas

From UK to Ireland

Help Needed by Moderator to Apply for Tier 2 Sponsorship pls
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Looks like Russia is your best bet.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Looks like Russia is your best bet.
My partner is Russian and I love Russia, Russian language (very difficult) and the wonderful literature but I wouldn't live or study there, especially if I wasn't let's say, well, white-skinned.

Seems a bit desperate and at the end won't help the OP at all to get another T4, since he's used all that up.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....