ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa- registered nurse. Please help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jominijoy
Newly Registered

Student visa- registered nurse. Please help

Post by Jominijoy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi
My sister is planning to come over to uk as a student. She would like to try for ielts in the uk. Is it possible to change visa in here in the uk itself if she get pass ielts and the new exam to get registered as a nurse ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Student visa- registered nurse. Please help

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:25 pm

All depends on what visa she gets to study English on.
She can come on one of two types of visa. A full tier 4 general visa will give her access to courses upto and beyond 12 months and you can switch to a tier 2 work visa in country.
The other visa is a student visit visa to study English upto 11 months. You can not switch to a tier 2 visa in country with that visa.

Moving to tier 2 will not be easy as she will have to pass the requirements for her PIN. That route has been closed down majorly in the last year so research the requirements before she embarks on getting the level of IELTs she needs to gain entry to nursing in the UK

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:09 am

Just jumping in on your thread here.

When I was asking about visa the study English for my fiance I was told there is 99.9% chance of refusal as English can be studied in the home country. Don't know if your personal cicumstances make any difference, but I would be interested in the opinion of others with more knowledge than me.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 am

It is a common occurrence coming to the UK to study English.
The student visitor route is the UKVI preferred route as it attracts zero benefits for the student. They can not work, can't extend and no dependents.
Tier 4 gen to study English. That is a harder route because they will be interviewed to test their genuine student intentions. One minor slip and it will be a refusal. Soon as they say they are coming because of BF/GF then end of.
From your previous post I believe you were going to fund them, so a refusal in waiting in that score.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Frontier Mole,

I am starting to feel desperate!

Yes we want to live together, but there a genuine desire/need to further his education. If he can learn English in the UK and get the required IETS score then he can move to a course to gain a qualification that will help him get a job when we are married.

We were told to be honest in his applications because when we apply for Fiance/Marriage visa further down the line we don’t want any problems proving our relationship. Is there any chance of getting Student Visitor Visa, as that isn’t as expensive he may be able to fund that himself, but if they ask where he will be staying and that is with me, will that will be a refusal?

We were going to try for a Tourist Visa first and in the letter I was going to say that he is my boyfriend coming for visit. Is there any more chance of success if he is granted Tourist Visa and then we apply for Student Visitor Visa?

Many thanks

Sorry Jominijoy to Hijack your thread

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:51 pm

MovingOn wrote:Hi Frontier Mole,

I am starting to feel desperate!

Yes we want to live together, but there a genuine desire/need to further his education. If he can learn English in the UK and get the required IETS score then he can move to a course to gain a qualification that will help him get a job when we are married.

We were told to be honest in his applications because when we apply for Fiance/Marriage visa further down the line we don’t want any problems proving our relationship. Is there any chance of getting Student Visitor Visa, as that isn’t as expensive he may be able to fund that himself, but if they ask where he will be staying and that is with me, will that will be a refusal?

We were going to try for a Tourist Visa first and in the letter I was going to say that he is my boyfriend coming for visit. Is there any more chance of success if he is granted Tourist Visa and then we apply for Student Visitor Visa?

Many thanks

Sorry Jominijoy to Hijack your thread

If you are eligible to apply for the fiance visa for him then why don't you just do so. He can come to UK and he can study while in UK and then later on when you two got married apply for the dependent visa for him.

He may be able to come with the Tourist visa and after that if he wants to come with the student visitor visa again the question may raised by the Home Office regarding his intention. It may affect any future applications as well.

MovingOn
Newly Registered

Post by MovingOn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:01 pm

If you are eligible to apply for the fiance visa for him then why don't you just do so. He can come to UK and he can study while in UK and then later on when you two got married apply for the dependent visa for him
Because we have to get married within 6 months and I want more time than that.
He may be able to come with the Tourist visa and after that if he wants to come with the student visitor visa again the question may raised by the Home Office regarding his intention. It may affect any future applications as well.
Can you explain why this would affect future applications. Do you mean applying for Student visa may affect future applications?

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 am

MovingOn wrote:
If you are eligible to apply for the fiance visa for him then why don't you just do so. He can come to UK and he can study while in UK and then later on when you two got married apply for the dependent visa for him
Because we have to get married within 6 months and I want more time than that.
Can you explain why this would affect future applications. Do you mean applying for Student visa may affect future applications?
If his student visa got refused then it may affect any future application.