ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa with wrong date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrFargo
Newly Registered

Student Visa with wrong date

Post by MrFargo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:17 pm

I applied for and just received my new UK student visa. However valid to date is wrong on my visa. The letter that accompanied the visa has the correct date but my visa has an incorrect date. The date on my visa says it is only valid till 25th Jan 2017, however the letter with the visa has the correct date which is 22nd Aug 2017. How do I go about getting this changed? I applied from outside the UK in Toronto, so do I have to go back to Toronto or can I get it adjusted in England?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student Visa with wrong date

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:38 pm

The validity date on the visa vignette is for 30 days. You must enter the UK within that time and once here, within 10 days, you collect your BRP card which will be the full validity of the visa you applied for.

The letter should tell you this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.