ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studying two courses at the same time under Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

questionguy65

Studying two courses at the same time under Tier 4

Post by questionguy65 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible to study another course besides your main course that you got the visa based on considering that the second course is lower level?

Example: You got 4 years tier 4 visa for your PhD, can you study a 2 years part-time MSc as well?

Thanks.

noajthan

Re: Studying two courses at the same time under Tier 4

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:55 pm

ciscosoft wrote:Hi all,

Is it possible to study another course besides your main course that you got the visa based on considering that the second course is lower level?

Example: You got 4 years tier 4 visa for your PhD, can you study a 2 years part-time MSc as well?

Thanks.
Probably more of a question for University admissions service.
(But how would you find the time?)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

questionguy65

Post by questionguy65 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:06 pm

I just put that as an example. It would not be a MSc course. It is a short term teaching course. Sure this needs to be consulted by student centre but I am just wondering if Tier 4 scheme allows this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes. See the Tier 4 policy guidance, para 343 "Can I do extra studies whilst in the UK?"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

However, separate from any immigration issues, check that the academic regulations at your university allows you to be studying two higher education courses at the same time.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.