ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switch from tier 4 to tier 2 before completing course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siva77

switch from tier 4 to tier 2 before completing course

Post by siva77 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:33 pm

HI All,

I ve done MBA from UK 2011). I am on psw visa. I want to switch into student visa next month ( ACCA - 3 YEARS ) . My query is, after i switch to tier 4 visa, if i find an employer, can i switch to tier 2. Can i switch to tier 2 without finishing my ACCA Course. ( I ALREADY GOT MY MBA FROM UK.)

ANOTHER QUERY IS, IF I APPLY STUDENT VISA FROM COLLEGE, I KNOW I WONT BE GETTING WORK RIGHTS, BUT IF MY WIFE APPLY DEPENDENT VISA ALONG WITH ME, WILL SHE GET WORK RIGHTS.

THANK YOU

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: switch from tier 4 to tier 2 before completing course

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:53 am

The answer to your first question is yes but you should be aware that your wife will not be eligible for leave as a tier 4 dependent if you are going to be studying at a private college.

siva77

Post by siva77 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

Thank you Greenie :)

Great ! So i can go ahead with Tier 4 visa and if i can find sponsor i can switch to Tier 2 before i finish my studies.

If i get cos letter from public funded college, where i may or may not get working rights , then will she get work rights if she applies along with me.

I am intending to study ACCA (full 14 papers), i heard its considered as Level 7. Please let me knwo if thats correct.

Thank You

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 pm

So you are fine with the fact that your wife will need to go home if you switch back into tier 4 and study at a private college? Meaning you won't be able to work and your wife won't be able to stay here at all?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:55 pm

You would have to be studying a level 7 course of 12 months duration or more at a publicly funded hei (ie a university) a publicly funded college is not sufficient if it is not an hei, in order for your wife to stay here.

I don't know any universities that would have an Acca course starting in July.

siva77

Post by siva77 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks alot Greenie for all the information.

I am planning to join ACCA in BPP University (starting august 7) . i will be taking all 14 papers, because i was told that i have to take all 14 papers to get admission or visa as i have already fisnished MBA (Marketing) from UK.

If i manage to get admission in BPP University, then can my wife apply along with me and get work rights ?

Thanks once again. really appriciate your help Greenie :)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 am

When does your psw leave expire?

siva77

Post by siva77 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:20 am

My psw visa expires on 25th July. I came to know that the course starting date at BPP University is Aug 7.

ann771

Post by ann771 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Hello siva 77 and Greenie, I have a very quick query regarding BPP and as you are already discussing about it, I did not want to start a new post, hope this is ok. Can you please let me know if International BPP students are allowed to work, if yes, for how many hours per week? I spoke to a course advisor and he said this is something the HO will decide? Did not make sense to me I am afraid :(

Many thanks
Ann

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:30 pm

ann771 wrote:Hello siva 77 and Greenie, I have a very quick query regarding BPP and as you are already discussing about it, I did not want to start a new post, hope this is ok. Can you please let me know if International BPP students are allowed to work, if yes, for how many hours per week? I spoke to a course advisor and he said this is something the HO will decide? Did not make sense to me I am afraid :(

Many thanks
Ann
BPP considered as an HEI so any student studying in there should have the work rights. If you are studying a course in level 6 or above then you can work 20 hours per week during the term time

ann771

Post by ann771 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:40 am

Hi Shaq1, thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards
Ann

siva77

Post by siva77 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:18 am

HI Ann,

Yes you are allowed to work 20hrs per week, as BPP is an University and if you are doing ACCA (Full 14papers) its considered as level7
ans you will get 20hrs work rights.
Which intake you are joining and which campus, i am going this sep to shepherds bush campus.

All the very best Ann :)

ann771

Post by ann771 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:51 am

Hi siva77

Many thanks for your reply. This is actually for my brother, he will get exempted for first 3 papers, so if he does come to bpp, will enroll for the last 11 papers. would this be considered as level 7 because its not gonna be full 14 papers? also, would he still be able to work 20 hours per week?

well done on securing your place :)

Regards
Ann

siva77

Post by siva77 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi Ann,

Yeah its still considered as Level 7, even i am in the same situation. I got exempted from first 3papers and will be doing 11papers.
I am sure we will get 20hrs work rights.

All the very best to your brother :)

Regards
Siva

student31
Newly Registered

Post by student31 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Siva

How long did it take to get the CAS? Is that instant once you pay?

Also how much did you pay to get the CAS?

siva77

Post by siva77 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi Student31,

I havent paid the fee yet, i will pay in few days, i heard i would get the cas in a week time. I was told to pay 5k and remaining next year.
How about you bro.

Are you joining bpp uni, which campus and did u get any exemptions for ACCA, i got first three.

All the very best

sameer88
Newly Registered

Post by sameer88 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:31 am

Hi,
My query is regarding the same thread.
I am currently on Tier 4 student visa. I have almost completed my Msc management but only the dissertation is left to be submitted.
Now I am getting an offer from an organisation which is willing to sponsor me. Please let me know if I am eligible to switch from tier 4 student visa to tier 2 before submitting my dissertation.

Also my under-grad degree is from University of Delhi.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi Greenie,

Thanks for sharing the information, however I have seen another post from some other member regarding this topic whether one can swicth from Tier 4 to Tier 2 during the studies? and the member said only PhD students can do it.

I have a similar situation, where my wife is studying level 8 Tier 4, having had another UK Master Degree and just got an sponsorship offer for Tier 2. Sorry for reapeting the question, can she switch to Tier 2 from Tier 4 during her studies?

Thanks in advance.
Greenie wrote:The answer to your first question is yes but you should be aware that your wife will not be eligible for leave as a tier 4 dependent if you are going to be studying at a private college.

hermosa
Newly Registered

Post by hermosa » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:43 am

Hi I wanted to know if I can switch from a tier 2 visa if I haven't yet completed my dissertation of my Masters. I couldn't finish in the given time because I was ill and my school gave me an extension. However, I have a job offer and the CoS. Will I be able to switch to the tier 2 using my bachelors degree which I got in 2013 and complete my dissertation under the work visa as my employers are fine with that

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:43 pm

hermosa wrote:Hi I wanted to know if I can switch from a tier 2 visa if I haven't yet completed my dissertation of my Masters. I couldn't finish in the given time because I was ill and my school gave me an extension. However, I have a job offer and the CoS. Will I be able to switch to the tier 2 using my bachelors degree which I got in 2013 and complete my dissertation under the work visa as my employers are fine with that
Hi hermosa, In my opinion you can switch if you haven't completed your current course only a: when you have a bachelor degree from the UK, b: there is no gap between your education in your case bachelor to master degree, c: you should be earning the required amount from the UKVI (please check the UKVI website for updated information), then you could have a status of continuous student and not liable to conduct a RLBT (Resident Labour Market Test). You can also continue your education within limits not affecting your work. Hope this helps!Good Luck. TAK

zabc6086
Newly Registered

Post by zabc6086 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:55 pm

I have completed my masters in UK and my course completed in September.My student visa(TIER 4)expired on 20th Jan,2015. I applied for another course and am presently on student visa. However I have been offered a job and would like to switch to Tier 2 visa. Will it be possible for me to switch to tier 2 visa based on my previous TIER4 visa since I have not completed my course under my present TIER 4 visa??

Hope to get a reply soon!

Lilu15
Newly Registered

Post by Lilu15 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:10 pm

TAK wrote:
hermosa wrote:Hi I wanted to know if I can switch from a tier 2 visa if I haven't yet completed my dissertation of my Masters. I couldn't finish in the given time because I was ill and my school gave me an extension. However, I have a job offer and the CoS. Will I be able to switch to the tier 2 using my bachelors degree which I got in 2013 and complete my dissertation under the work visa as my employers are fine with that
Hi hermosa, In my opinion you can switch if you haven't completed your current course only a: when you have a bachelor degree from the UK, b: there is no gap between your education in your case bachelor to master degree, c: you should be earning the required amount from the UKVI (please check the UKVI website for updated information), then you could have a status of continuous student and not liable to conduct a RLBT (Resident Labour Market Test). You can also continue your education within limits not affecting your work. Hope this helps!Good Luck. TAK
Hi TAK and Hermosa,

I have the same situation, was offered a sponsorship by my employer and was wondering, if I can switch from my current Tier 4 to Tier 2 General, without having to leave the country and without carrying out Resident Labour Market Test? Would you, please also know if I can be sponsored for a job lower than level 6? I have a Masters degree from UK university and had previously been granted a PSW visa (valid from August 2012 to August 2014, applied for it in February 2012) Please, please, read my message.

Many thanks in advance
Lilu

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Lilu15 wrote:
TAK wrote:
Hi TAK and Hermosa,

I have the same situation, was offered a sponsorship by my employer and was wondering, if I can switch from my current Tier 4 to Tier 2 General, without having to leave the country and without carrying out Resident Labour Market Test? Would you, please also know if I can be sponsored for a job lower than level 6? I have a Masters degree from UK university and had previously been granted a PSW visa (valid from August 2012 to August 2014, applied for it in February 2012) Please, please, read my message.

Many thanks in advance
Lilu
Hi Lilu,

You can switch the category from Tier 4 to Tier 2 when you have already completed your masters degree from the UK university, in you case you said you have it. As long as you have the successful completion of master course along with the degree you can apply, without any RLMT.
For lower than lower 6 I guess it is not possible to apply, for master it should have a minimum level 6 (please check the latest requirement) and the minimum salary threshold level (somewhere around £22,000 minimum, please check these 2 updated info).
Hope this help. regards
TAK

Lilu15
Newly Registered

Post by Lilu15 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:45 am

Thank you TAK. Hope your application went through too.
Regards

Lilu