ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to tier4 student from tier2 dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KEY2015
Newly Registered

Switch to tier4 student from tier2 dependant

Post by KEY2015 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:54 am

Hii All,
I have been in UK for 7years and currently in tier2G dependant for last 3months.My spouse tier 2 sponsor is in trouble now.So we want to be safe before something happens. So I would like to switch to tier 4student visa.
1)is it possible to switch to tier 4 student visa in country from tier2 dependant?
2)if its not possible,if i apply from outside of the country,my 7years continuity will come to on end since its going to be a another entry clearance?
3)If not,how long i can take to apply for visa outside of the country for the continuity not to be missed?
(Note: i was a tier 4 student before switched into tier 2dependant)
Please Advise that would really helpful to me.Many thanks[/quote]

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switch to tier4 student from tier2 dependant

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:11 pm

KEY2015 wrote:1)is it possible to switch to tier 4 student visa in country from tier2 dependant?
No.
KEY2015 wrote:2)if its not possible,if i apply from outside of the country,my 7years continuity will come to on end since its going to be a another entry clearance?
3)If not,how long i can take to apply for visa outside of the country for the continuity not to be missed?
Depends. See page 29 of the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

KEY2015
Newly Registered

Re: Switch to tier4 student from tier2 dependant

Post by KEY2015 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Thank you @sah10406