ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier 2 (Employment Sponsorship) after Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jeanne8892
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier 2 (Employment Sponsorship) after Tier 4

Post by Jeanne8892 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:45 am

Hi there —

I'm from the US originally. I'm looking to do a Masters in Teaching programme in the UK to become a Qualified Teacher. I've been doing some research, but there seem to be discrepancies everywhere I turn!
I'm hoping that, when I graduate, I can find an employer to sponsor me (I know they have to have a license, and I found the list of companies qualified. There are over 800 schools.), but I don't exactly know what that entails. How likely are they to sponsor me? Would they have to pay fees in order to sponsor me? How likely is it that I'll get a job within the four month post-graduation timeline? And, if I miraculously do find work, what do I have to do to switch from a Tier 4 Student Visa to a Tier 2 Working Visa?

Finally... why is immigration so complicated!? :shock:

For some background, I've lived in the UK briefly, in East London, and I studied for a term at QMUL. I am looking to become a teacher of English, which I know isn't necessarily a shortage, but there seem to be a lot of adverts for English teachers. I have a 2.1 equivalent degree from a University in the States.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching to Tier 2 (Employment Sponsorship) after Tier

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:22 pm

This guide covers all the immigration aspects of switching from Tier 4 to Tier within the UK. For the job-seeking aspects, speak to the Careers team at your university.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... nt-Tier-2/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.