ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching to tier 4 from tier 2, visa expiring not brp yet

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

erotoxic
Newly Registered

switching to tier 4 from tier 2, visa expiring not brp yet

Post by erotoxic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi

I'm currently on Tier 2 short term ICT visa in the UK and applied to switch to Tier 4 visa. I've got the letter dictating that leave has been granted( no start date mentioned). So I'm currently waiting on the BRP to arrive.

I've resigned from job with last working day approaching soon, following which under normal circumstances I will have two days to leave the country. I want to know my options incase the BRP doesnt arroive before those two days end. Will i be allowed to stay, or do i have to contact the immigration office and start some procedure around this to avail temp leave?

Obie
Ireland

Re: switching to tier 4 from tier 2, visa expiring not brp y

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:19 pm

You don't need to leave the country. You have been granted leave as tier 4 migrant.

All you need is to wait for your BRP.

Depending on the terms of your Student leave, you may not be entitled to work for the company again.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: switching to tier 4 from tier 2, visa expiring not brp y

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:18 pm

erotoxic wrote:I've resigned from job with last working day approaching soon, following which under normal circumstances I will have two days to leave the country.
Where are you getting that information from?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.