ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

t4 extension - New procedure?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hhofficial3
Newly Registered

t4 extension - New procedure?

Post by hhofficial3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:30 am

Hi,

I am currently doing a work placment, recently the HO have introduced new rules that students doing work placement need to go back to their home country to extend their study visa. I wanted to know if the procedure will be any different and will they do more detailed checks? also will I need to do my IELTS test again? will they interview me again even though I have been interviewed first time when i applied for student visa first time.

thanks,

H

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: t4 extension - New procedure?

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 pm

hhofficial3 wrote:I am currently doing a work placment, recently the HO have introduced new rules that students doing work placement need to go back to their home country to extend their study visa.
To clarify, the change was not specifically to do with work placements. It affects anyone who needs make a Tier 4 application to complete their current course, which includes someone who has added a work placement and therefore needs an extra year to complete. They must now make the application in their home country, unless they are completing a PhD, or resitting an exam or retaking a module, or returning to a course they interrupted to work as a student union sabbatical officer.
hhofficial3 wrote:I wanted to know if the procedure will be any different and will they do more detailed checks? also will I need to do my IELTS test again? will they interview me again even though I have been interviewed first time when i applied for student visa first time.
It is a standard Tier 4 visa application, the same as when you applied last time. For further advice, contact the International Student Adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.