ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur appeal dismiss! Apply for tier 4 student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Tier 1 entrepreneur appeal dismiss! Apply for tier 4 student

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello
I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa and my appeal was dismissed. I am thinking to apply for tier 4 student visa. Before that I was on PSW. I have two questions.
1. Can I apply for tier 4 student visa within uk? Or do I need to go back and then I have to apply for student visa? I came in country in 2009
2. Will any university issue me a CAS letter? Because I haven't got my passport and orginal documents. They are with home office.

Please reply me!! As I am stuck in difficult situation.

Regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur appeal dismiss! Apply for tier 4 stu

Post by bruteforce » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Why don't you just take your "capital" to another country or infact your home country to invest in business, instead of studying again in the UK? :roll: The prospects of getting a CAS without your passport are slim.

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:14 am

Thanks for your reply
I have got funds and my entrrpreneur visa was refused. I have complete my degree BA(hons) in UK. And they refused me on the basis of lack of experience and education. So my plan is to study further in the same field, And gain some experience.

That's why I want to study in University. But I have heard that it's difficult to get CAS without passport.. And I am asking on this forum that do anyone know any university or college who offer a CAS letter in this situation.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:37 am

Aliabbas12330 wrote:Thanks for your reply
I have got funds and my entrrpreneur visa was refused. I have complete my degree BA(hons) in UK. And they refused me on the basis of lack of experience and education. So my plan is to study further in the same field, And gain some experience.

That's why I want to study in University. But I have heard that it's difficult to get CAS without passport.. And I am asking on this forum that do anyone know any university or college who offer a CAS letter in this situation.
hi,
from what you have explained.

1. you tier 1 visa was refused, for which you appealed.
2. you appeal was dismissed, too.

can i ask that what was the justification you provided for the refusal to be overturned?

in my opinion it will be very hard for you to acquire a CAS on the current status. the best move would be to go back and apply from back home for admission in a university.

moreover i would suggest that if you really have to capital and you would like to invest then you may well try to apply for the same visa from your home country.

best of luck

searoze

Post by searoze » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:29 pm

1. Can I apply for tier 4 student visa within uk? Or do I need to go back and then I have to apply for student visa? I came in country in 2009
Yes you can. Remember academic progress. And if you have any dependants with you then your course must be at level 7, min duration 12 months and HEI, in order to sponsor your dependants. But if you are single then you can go for any course you can manage CAS.
2. Will any university issue me a CAS letter? Because I haven't got my passport and original documents. They are with home office.
Universities suppose to accept certified copy but they dont. So I would say it will be hard for you to manage your CAS from university with in 28 days of appeal refusal. Best thing is to go for private college at 1st point and when you get your documents. back from UKVI then you can change your institute if you want or you can stay at same one.

Private colleges conditionally accept copies of your documents. (eg passport, educational docs)
Wish you best of luck
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:17 am

UKVI will not give you your passport back as you have lost your appeal and basically they will be waiting to process your removal.
There is virtually zero chance of getting a Uni to give you a CAS with your immigration history so that leaves you with private colleges.
If a college gives you a CAS you have a slim chance even then as the interview process is going to target you heavily on why you want to stay in the UK to study etc.Stating to get better qualified to then stay on to open a business is just not going to be acceptable. It is very likely you will not be granted a student visa.

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks everyone for your reply

One very famous university is willing to give me admission.

But I was reading the requirements of student visa with in Uk. It's written you should apply for student visa before your current leave expire? Is this true? Then what about those who have given the right to apply new application even after the appeal dismiss?

Secondly, my course is starting in sep 2015 is this true that home office will only give visa to those whose course will start with in 28 days?

Please guys reply me i am In difficult situation.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 am

Aliabbas12330 wrote:Thanks everyone for your reply

One very famous university is willing to give me admission.

But I was reading the requirements of student visa with in Uk. It's written you should apply for student visa before your current leave expire? Is this true? Then what about those who have given the right to apply new application even after the appeal dismiss?

Secondly, my course is starting in sep 2015 is this true that home office will only give visa to those whose course will start with in 28 days?

Please guys reply me i am In difficult situation.
yes it is imperative that you must apply before your visa expires or on the date of expiry.
for people who have been given the right to apply after the appeal dismiss can apply but there maybe conditions which would be explained in the letter of right to apply for a new application.

yes, the 28 day rule is true that your course must start within 28 days otherwise you will have to go back to your home country and apply. universities or colleges these days are not taking any sort of risk because it will have a direct impact on their sponsor license.
you are lucky to have an offer from a university with your case.

good luck

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Were you honest with the University and told them about your refused visa and the fact that you are currently within your grace period before being an overstayer

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Yes I told them each and everything that I haven't got my passport then they said you should have any proof of identity I have got my driving license.
First they were saying we will take you in Jan 2015 session. But at the moment my appeal in UT is in process so I want to take admission in sep 2015 session

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Well if the UT appeal process takes you through to July you will be in the zone for September admission.
Personally I believe you will be refused a visa on the genuine student test because of your failed Tier 1 Ent application.
So good luck going forward.

Aliabbas12330
Newly Registered

Post by Aliabbas12330 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks for your reply

Even I am also feeling that they will refuse my application. That's why I want to take admission in uni. Bcz I have heard that they will mostly issue visa to uni students.
Secondly when I'll be given the right to apply within 28 days I'll not go for entrepreneur visa again bcz that getting more tricky now. So I thought it's better to go through student visa.
Can you please tell me where it's mention in policy guidance about genuine student thing?