ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent Visa - query.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anandpathak

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent Visa - query.

Post by anandpathak » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Hello Experts ,
I have a query from my friend and I hope forum inputs would be a great help to him.
He is on Tier 2 ICT Visa and his family ( Wife + kids) are on Tier 2 Dependent visa. He is in UK from last 1.5 years and his assignment is expected to complete in next 6 month thus he would be forced to go back to india by his employer.
He is trying to find some way he can continue his stay including various possiblilities.
1. Getting Tier 2 General sponsership - Easier said then done as its catch 22...Employer ask for Visa and Visa sponser asks for employers.

SECOND option.
As his kids are grown up now and his wife is pretty well educated, He thinks that if his wife enroll for a Full time degree course , she can get a Tier 4 general Visa (switching from Tier 2 dependent) where as He can then switch to Tier 4 dependent allowing his work rights.
My queries :
1. Is this a Leagal and Feasible route?
2.How complicated is this and how rigourous the Admission process is?
3.Is there any specific type of coourses to be registerd for getting TIer 4 Visa allowing work rights for Tier 4 dependents.
4. Will this Visa process need any Professional help or could be done personally without any agent. If no ..Pls suggest some Immigration Consultant in Reading.
5. Is there minimum duration of such a course and some categories of College which are allowed to give Tier 4 Visa and tier 4 dependent Visa

Looking forward to your help
Cheers
Anand

UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Post by UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:59 am

firstly the dependent cannot switch to a Tier 4 in country so immediately that option is not possible. she can apply from where she came from and his husband can come as a dependent but the course must be with a government funded institution.

Admission process is rigorous as always because the schools have to make sure they give CAS to only the right applicant.

if a school is willing to accept you and issue you with a CAS, the process is normally managed by the school. You will need to show them documents to prove your eligibility.

most schools would only issue a CAS if the course is longer than 6 months.