ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Application not processed within service standards?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Btwentyone
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Application not processed within service standards?

Post by Btwentyone » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Hello,

I am applying my Tier 4 in Brunei Darussalam.

Can anyone please help tell me what does this e-mail mean and if anyone ever received a similar e-mail from the embassy?
Dear xxxx ,

Re: Notification that your visa application will not be processed within our service standards

Thank you for your UK visa application which is now under consideration. We aim to process regular non settlement applications within 15 working days, regular settlement applications within 60 working days, priority non settlement applications within 3-5 working days and priority settlement applications within 10 working days.

We apologise that we have been unable to meet these targets at this time. There are a number of reasons why we may not be able to meet our processing targets. We regret we are unable to give you a more detailed information whilst we are processing your application. You will be notified of the outcome of your application once your application has been decided.

Please do not go to the visa application centre until you have been advised that your passport is ready for collection.
Here are some of my details:

Date I sent my application to Visa Centre: 24/08/16 Wednesday
Above email sent to me: 26/08/16 Friday

*** From knowledge, all Brunei Darussalam's Tier 4 Application are despatched to Manila's British Embassy. ***

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, since my current location is, date: 30/08/16 Tuesday, Midnight.

From my perspective, 3 working days has passed,
  • 25/08/16 Thursday
    26/08/16 Friday
    29/08/16 Monday
What is worrying me is that, this is the only e-mail I've received regarding the process of my visa. Should I be worried I won't get my visa in time? :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 Application not processed within service standard

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:09 pm

It is a standard email, many applicants get it. Means UKVI will take a bit longer than their published time frame to process your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

willgor
Newly Registered

Post by willgor » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Yeah I got exactly the same thing, still waiting for it. Leaving in like 10 days, a bit worried about it. Have u got any replies yet?

Btwentyone
Newly Registered

Post by Btwentyone » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:05 pm

[color=#008000]willgor[/color] wrote:Yeah I got exactly the same thing, still waiting for it. Leaving in like 10 days, a bit worried about it. Have u got any replies yet?
I didn't get any replies after that e-mail. I got my passport sent to me 4 days after I posted the thread, on Sep 2 with no e-mail whatsoever prior to the dispatch, which I find a bit strange.

No notifications or updates saying that it's been processed/dispatched from the embassy.

However, I did contact UKVI https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk asking for the process of my application and they sent me this reply,
Dear xxxxx,
Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.
Further to our conversation ,
I understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status and found that the application
has been processed and it should be with you in the next few days.
Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.
If you have purchased a courier service then your documents will be
dispatched to the delivery address you have provided. We appreciate your
patience while you wait to receive your documents.
For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service
Which eased my mind a bit. I got my passport + vignette sticker the next day. I think it depends as well, from where you're applying.

Where are you applying from and when did you send your application?

willgor
Newly Registered

Post by willgor » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:59 pm

I sent my application on one day before u, 23 Aug, and I got the email 4 days after, which is on the 27th, and I'm applying in Hong Kong.
Just sent my email to the immigration website that u provided, many thanks for that. Hope everything's going well.

willgor
Newly Registered

Post by willgor » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 pm

just checked my visa's post number and I couldn't find it, which means they still haven't sent it out. Damn! :(