ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent application "URGENT"

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ahmednawaz
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Dependent application "URGENT"

Post by Ahmednawaz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:52 pm

I am currently enrolled in PhD and trying to fill my dependent's application. I have got the relevant document from University but it just stated maintenance fund for me as PhD student, it dones't state anything for my dependent. Now I need to know that if I am the one who will be bearing any finances then will I be my dependent's sponsor or in this case my university will be the sponsor? as I have got letter from them as my official sponsor. I am confused here please help, IT'S URGENT.

Thank you

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 Dependent application "URGENT"

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:04 pm

You are the dependents' sponsor not your university. The university is only your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ahmednawaz
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmednawaz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:You are the dependents' sponsor not your university. The university is only your sponsor.
thank you for the reply so I have to put my UK address everywhere instead of university's? Right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Are you sure you are using the correct form? It sounds like you are using the Tier 4 form!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ahmednawaz
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmednawaz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:15 pm

sah10406 wrote:Are you sure you are using the correct form? It sounds like you are using the Tier 4 form!
yes i think so but as there is TB test involved so I need to give address info for it as well. But as far as form is considered, it also has main applicant portion and in this case I am main applicant so I have to put address there too. kindly guide me if I am doing anything wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:22 pm

You need to complete the Tier 4 Dependent form if they are applying on their own and your spouse would be the main applicant in the Tier 4 Dependent form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ahmednawaz
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmednawaz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:02 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to complete the Tier 4 Dependent form if they are applying on their own and your spouse would be the main applicant in the Tier 4 Dependent form.
Yes I'm filling on behalf of my dependant and I followed instructions of www.gov.uk website. When I went into student visas there was an option for family members and then after going into that option there appeared that the family members should apply online from there. I am simply following the instructions and after a simple registration there appeared a form which requires to be filled in for visa type and then I choose study, PBS tier 4, and then tier 4 student dependent accordingly. After all this initial process actual form appeared on the screen and in which there is a portion for main applicant which requires all my information as main applicant as there are alot of things they have asked which is related to me and my university, including CAS and my joining dates etc.

Ahmednawaz
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmednawaz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:09 pm

This is all apart from the dependant information which has to be filled in all other portions of that application. I hope it makes sense now.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Is your dependant currently in the UK, or elsewhere?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ahmednawaz
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmednawaz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:53 pm

No she is not in UK, but will be applying from Pakistan