ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent Police Registration

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aearion
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Dependent Police Registration

Post by aearion » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:52 am

I was not sure where should I post this regarding the Police Registration, therefore sorry if this is not related to this topic
I am a Tier-4 PhD Student, Turkish Nationality at University of Strathclyde. I am registered to the police as per instructions stated on my visa.
Last year, in August, my wife joined me with Tier-4 Visa. However, there is no police registration requirement on her visa.
But, as I am familiar with the process, we took an appointment from the Glasgow Overseas Visitor Nationality Office (OVRO). When my wife attended her appointment, officer in the Police Station refused to register her as it does not state the requirement of police registration and she advised me to talk with the University as this may be a mistake that should be corrected on the visa.

I contacted the Tier-4 Team of University of Strathclyde and they sent me the below information:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... istration-

“If your nationality is listed in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules , and you have come to the UK for six months or more, but you do not have the police registration condition, this is also likely to be an error by staff processing your visa or BRP. There is no need to register, or to take an action to correct the error, and UK immigration authorities must honour your leave as it is. This was established in the case of R v SSHD ex p[arte Ram [1979] 1 All ER 687 http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6b6424.html . ”

Updated link.

When I check the link they sent me the information is changed as follows:

If your nationality is listed in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules [^], and you have come to the UK for six months or more, but you do not have the police registration condition, this is also likely to be an error by staff processing your visa or BRP. There is no need to register, or to take any action to correct the error. However, your Tier 4 sponsor is obliged to report any incorrect conditions that they become aware of, to the Home Office. If this happens then the Home Office may take steps to re-issue your leave with the correct conditions.

When I asked the University Tier 4 Team, as she is not the member of the University of Strathclyde, she is here as my dependent, they are not obliged to report any condition. Furthermore, me and my wife we do not need to anything.

However, as this is a very sensitive issue and as it may cause serious problem in the future for our stay in the UK during my PhD, I just wanted to be sure that if there is any amendments necessary or not. We have already contacted EC Error Amendment centre in Croydon, however, they did not send us a reply.
I would appreciate if you could kindly help me on this issue. If this is not the correct route to follow, I would appreciate if you could guide me to the correct direction as well.

Thank you for your answer

noajthan

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Police Registration

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 am

aearion wrote:I was not sure where should I post this regarding the Police Registration, therefore sorry if this is not related to this topic
I am a Tier-4 PhD Student, Turkish Nationality at University of Strathclyde. I am registered to the police as per instructions stated on my visa.

When I check the link they sent me the information is changed as follows:
If your nationality is listed in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules [^], and you have come to the UK for six months or more, but you do not have the police registration condition, this is also likely to be an error by staff processing your visa or BRP. There is no need to register, or to take any action to correct the error. However, your Tier 4 sponsor is obliged to report any incorrect conditions that they become aware of, to the Home Office. If this happens then the Home Office may take steps to re-issue your leave with the correct conditions.
When I asked the University Tier 4 Team, as she is not the member of the University of Strathclyde, she is here as my dependent, they are not obliged to report any condition. Furthermore, me and my wife we do not need to anything.

However, as this is a very sensitive issue and as it may cause serious problem in the future for our stay in the UK during my PhD, I just wanted to be sure that if there is any amendments necessary or not. We have already contacted EC Error Amendment centre in Croydon, however, they did not send us a reply.
I would appreciate if you could kindly help me on this issue. If this is not the correct route to follow, I would appreciate if you could guide me to the correct direction as well.

Thank you for your answer
Welcome. You have posted in the correct sub-forum.

You appear to have done everything required of you. The onus seems to be on the university now.

There are other members very experienced in student matters and they may care to comment when they become available.
Stand by.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Police Registration

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:44 am

aearion wrote:this is a very sensitive issue and as it may cause serious problem in the future for our stay in the UK during my PhD
It is not, and it won't! You have had clear and accurate advice from your university: your wife does not have the condition, therefore she is not required to register.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.