ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent visa query in connection with my Tier 4 vis

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thomy83

Tier 4 Dependent visa query in connection with my Tier 4 vis

Post by thomy83 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:32 am

Hi,

Presently i am doing level 7 course and I plan to do my MBA top up. So i am going to change my education provider ( Highly trusted). But here i need to apply for new visa and my query is regarding my wife ( already in uk with tier 4 dependent visa and valid until nov-2012).

Also once i finish my MBA , i planned to apply PSW.

Whether my wife need to change the visa now? ( she already in uk )

Or should I apply visa for my wife with my PSW application?

Please suggest me.

ti_abbasi2002

Re: Tier 4 Dependent visa query in connection with my Tier 4

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 pm

thomy83 wrote:Hi,

Presently i am doing level 7 course and I plan to do my MBA top up. So i am going to change my education provider ( Highly trusted). But here i need to apply for new visa and my query is regarding my wife ( already in uk with tier 4 dependent visa and valid until nov-2012).

Also once i finish my MBA , i planned to apply PSW.

Whether my wife need to change the visa now? ( she already in uk )

Or should I apply visa for my wife with my PSW application?

Please suggest me.
Simple answer is "your wife is depending on u". So, ur " Change of circumstances" will also apply on ur wife.

By the way when you will apply for PSW? because PSW is going to close on april 2012 and u are still planning to do MBA in the mean time.

thomy83

Post by thomy83 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:17 am

Thanks for your reply.

I am yet to start my MBA top up and expect to apply PSW before it close.

Ok . If I apply a new visa to my wife, did she get work permit . Because she is now working as a contract employee. Pls advice me on this ?
My college is LSBF and hope my course will be more than six months long . Or she can continue her present visa??

ti_abbasi2002

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:15 pm

thomy83 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I am yet to start my MBA top up and expect to apply PSW before it close.

Ok . If I apply a new visa to my wife, did she get work permit . Because she is now working as a contract employee. Pls advice me on this ?
My college is LSBF and hope my course will be more than six months long . Or she can continue her present visa??
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/
319D. Period and conditions of grant
(a) Entry clearance and leave to remain will be granted for a period which expires on the same day as the leave granted to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

268 Dependants with existing permission wishing to extend their stay in the UK will be allowed to extend provided they apply at the same time as the Tier 4 (general) Student applies to undertake a course of study that is longer than six months in duration.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
Page 09:For family members of Tier 4 (General) Students only – if the main • applicant’s grant of leave is for less than 12 months the family member will not be allowed to work whilst in the UK, unless the main applicant is a Government Sponsored Student.
Page 17:Family members who are already in the United Kingdom as dependants of the Tier 4 (General) student can continue to take advantage of the longer transition period in line with the Tier 4 (General) student. A family member of a Tier 4 (General) student must still provide the correct documents to support their application.[/i]

thomy83

Post by thomy83 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks for your reply

Could you pls also advice me the amount which need to shown in the bank when applying inside Uk .

My college is in central London , chansleryline .

The amount for me as well as my wife. , because we are planning to apply together ...

htrmi
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Dependent visa query in connection with my Tier 4

Post by htrmi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 pm

hi there,

i applied for tier 4 visa and got it within 1 week after my interviiew but the wierd thing is they diid nt sennd anything for my dependent .... no passport no rejection letter nothing .... its been almost 3 weeks m waiting....

previously i was on psw and he was my dependent and now i got admission in a highly trusted colg .. m scared bcoz other ukvi r doing different things with ppl ...... in my class 4 ppl got visa and their dependent get visa with working rights..... one's dependent got visa but without working right...... and ppl like me who r still waiting for their dependents....... if there is a rule like privte colgs dependent cant get visa then how come ukvi gave visa to few ppl's dependent ......

i dnt understand what shall i do now...... can anyone suggests me something....

right now m doing cima ..... shall i swiitch to phd (now no appeal right frm here scared me most) or tier 2 ......

anyone suggest anytihng plz?????
thanks