ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent Visa Questions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepeshmm
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Dependent Visa Questions

Post by deepeshmm » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi, My wife has recently shifted to UK on Tier 4 Student Visa for her 1 year Post graduate studies.
I was getting ready to apply for a Tier 4 Dependent Visa to join her there. I have the following questions.
1. How much funds do i need to show ? My wife has got her visa stamping till Jan 2016 and she showed 7500 Pounds.
2. Can i show my parents funds like Fixed Deposits ?
3. I read in few websites that our marriage should be subsisting, does this mean that along with the Marriage certificate i need to show some other proof of marriage ?
4. I have heard that companies do not prefer to hire Tier 4 dependents. How much of this holds true ? (I am currently working and have 7 years of experience)
It will be great if someone can respond to me at the earliest.

samaygrg

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Visa Questions

Post by samaygrg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:44 am

I found your queries bit obscure and complex. so I suggest you attain expert advise from any immigration solicitor or advisor.

deepeshmm
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Visa Questions

Post by deepeshmm » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 pm

OK, i am going to try to break it down and ask questions one by one.
1. I am applying for a "Tier 4 Dependent Visa" from India. As a dependent, can i show my parents funds as "maintenance funds" when i apply for the Visa ?