ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent visa refused!! help please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wajnat
Newly Registered

Tier 4 dependent visa refused!! help please

Post by wajnat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi,
I have a Tier4 general visa.
I applied for Tier 4 dependent child for my 3 children. The applications were refused because their father did not apply for dependent visa (only visitor visa).
Now my husband and the kids will reapply as dependents, but do I need a new CAS number for them to reapply ?!

and If they need a new CAS, do I need to get a new visa for the new CAS ?!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependent visa refused!! help please

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm

wajnat wrote:Now my husband and the kids will reapply as dependents
Why did he not apply as your dependant in the first place?
wajnat wrote:do I need a new CAS number for them to reapply ?!
A CAS is the basis of a Tier 4 application. It is not relevant to a dependant application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

wajnat
Newly Registered

Post by wajnat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:27 am

Because he wanted to come with us with a visitor visa, stay with us for couple months until he gets an acceptance in the university, then come back to our country and get a Tier4 student visa, rather than get a dependent visa then change to student visa. I did not know that they would refuse their visas because their father did not apply for the same type of visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:29 pm

wajnat wrote:Because he wanted to come with us with a visitor visa, stay with us for couple months until he gets an acceptance in the university, then come back to our country and get a Tier4 student visa, rather than get a dependent visa then change to student visa.
He can study as your dependant. He only needs to switch to a student visa if and when your own visa ends and you are not extending it. He would need to do that in his home country.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

wajnat
Newly Registered

Post by wajnat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Thank you, I did not know that.
The thing is I applied to the UK visa having US visas rules in my mind as I used to study their for three years :cry: