ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dmp

Tier 4 Dependents

Post by dmp » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi
I am a level 7 diploma student with dependents on 1 year tier-4 visa at private college.
I will complete my course in August 2015. from September 2015, I would like to extend my visa to do top-up 6 months final stage MBA (Dissertation) at University.

For 6 months, level 7 course, at HEI, Will I be eligible to gain dependents visa if I apply same time with main application from inside the UK?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 Dependents

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:01 am

To have a dependent you have to do a course that is longer than 12 months at an HEI.
So the answer is no.

dmp

Post by dmp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:16 pm

To have a dependent you have to do a course that is longer than 12 months at an HEI.
So the answer is no.
Thank you for your reply, Mole

But T4 policy guidance says-

310. Dependants with existing permission wishing to extend their stay in the UK will be allowed to extend provided they apply at the same time as you apply to undertake a course of study that is longer than six months in duration.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Yip LONGER than 6 months. But not a six month course.