ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4(DES) now working with different university

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MKAMAT
Newly Registered

Tier 4(DES) now working with different university

Post by MKAMAT » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:06 am

Hello,

I am on Tier 4 [Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES),] after having completed PhD. I am now working elsewhere with a different University, since a couple of weeks and require switching from Tier 4(DES) to Tier 2 visa. There was a misunderstanding about the Sponsor Certified Maintenance, which I though my employer would provide me; hence, I did not maintain the required funds (£945).Unfortunately, it is not the case. Although, having said that, I still have the more than the required funds dispersed in my 2 bank accounts (key and saving total of >950 £) with the same bank, which cannot be accepted as per my understanding. So as an immediate step, I am now maintaining the required balance.

My question is: Am I allowed to stay a more of one and half month on DES and work for a different company? which would mean staying 2-3 months on DES while working with different University.
And to add to the concern, my passport is expiring in another 7 months time and my DES terminates in 7 months time. So what procedure one needs to follow in such a situations? Moreover, wen is the minimum time to renew the passport? Does it require any charge?

Regards
M

geriatrix

Re: Tier 4(DES) now working with different university

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Topic moved to the appropriate forum since your queries have nothing to do with Tier 2.

You may work with another university under Tier 4 (DES) as long as your Tier 4 (DES) leave is valid.
245ZY(c)(iii) wrote:(9) where, during the current period of lea ... eted a PhDat a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as a higher education institution from the Department of Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland, the Higher Education Funding Council for England, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales or the Scottish Funding Council, and has been granted leave to remain as ... ion scheme or has made a valid application for leave to remain as a Tier 4 (General) Student on the doctorate extension scheme but has not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application, there will be no limitation on the type ... except for:
  • (a) no employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training other than under the conditions of (v) below;
    (b) no employment as a professional sportsperson (including a sports coach).
You should contact the local embassy of the country that you hold the passport of to know more about passport renewal procedure, when it can be renewed, timelines and charges involved.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!