ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Entrepreneur Question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

isabellittle16
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Entrepreneur Question

Post by isabellittle16 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello, and thanks all for any advice you can provide. I am very clear that under a Tier 4 visa you may not start a business in the UK, and would not attempt anything of that nature.

I am wondering, however, if it is acceptable for a student to engage in entrepreneurial activities that are based in another country. I.e. clients are in another country, bank accounts are in another country, and any money made does not support studying or living expenses in the UK. Any thoughts on a situation like this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Entrepreneur Question

Post by sah10406 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:29 am

The immigration rules and policy guidance do not go into that level of detail about self-employment under Tier 4. It just says you cannot be self-employed.

However, the way the immigration rules are drafted means that any work you undertake while physically based in the UK would count towards the 20 hours a week maximum. Plus, work that you undertake while physically based in the UK may require you to pay National Insurance contributions. See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -can-I-do/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.