ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Extension - Travel Out of UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

challengeback
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Extension - Travel Out of UK

Post by challengeback » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Hello Guys,

My Tier 4 student visa expires on 17th October 2016 and my current course finishes on June 17 2016. The new course starts on September 19th.

I am going for more studies in the UK so I need to extend my visa.

My question is can I give my application within the UK on June 19th 2016 (the application needs to be max 3 months before course starts) and travel out of the UK for summer holidays for 2-3 months and return back to the UK to start the course in September 2016?

I want to travel to India for 2-3 months.

Also, if you have any other suggestions how I can spend my summer holidays in India and not waste time in the UK waiting for a decision.

Thanks!!!!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Extension - Travel Out of UK

Post by sah10406 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:02 am

challengeback wrote:My question is can I give my application within the UK on June 19th 2016 (the application needs to be max 3 months before course starts) and travel out of the UK for summer holidays for 2-3 months and return back to the UK to start the course in September 2016?
You mean you have a second passport and you want to travel on that while the first one is with the Home Office?

Is India your home country?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

challengeback
Newly Registered

Post by challengeback » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:26 pm

India is my home country, I only have one passport which is Indian. Maybe I can apply for the extension after going back? Does the same rule apply within UK and outside UK?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:14 pm

If you apply in the UK, you need to include your passport. Therefore you cannot travel while the application is pending.

If you are travelling to India, just apply there.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.