ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 from Abroad - Balance maintenance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ravi0108
Newly Registered

Tier 4 from Abroad - Balance maintenance

Post by Ravi0108 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Hello All,

My wife is applying for student visa from India and she has maintained her funds in UK bank (when she was here on T1 dependent visa).

Q - would it fine to put her UK bank account statements or She should show funds in her indian bank account? Some agents suggested it is safe to show in indian bank account (so that caseworker can see that student will come back to India as money is in indian bank account) :roll: . I think it doesn't matter either money is in indian bank OR UK bank as long as funds are been maintained.

But due to this different suggestions my wife is confused, can you please advice??

Thank you very much for your time.

Ravi

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 from Abroad - Balance maintenance

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:57 pm

I've not searched the latest official guidance around this, but sharing from past personal experience. When I applied from my country of origin my funds were maintained in my parents UK bank account and I had no issues. My personal view is that so long as the evidence is genuine and the reason for it can be explained, it would not reflect negatively on her tier 4 application.

As this is not a visit visa application, the argument that she will return to India because of the funds being held in a Indian bank account appears irrelevant to me, under these particular circumstances.

Ravi0108
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 from Abroad - Balance maintenance

Post by Ravi0108 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:05 am

cs95tdg wrote:I've not searched the latest official guidance around this, but sharing from past personal experience. When I applied from my country of origin my funds were maintained in my parents UK bank account and I had no issues. My personal view is that so long as the evidence is genuine and the reason for it can be explained, it would not reflect negatively on her tier 4 application.

As this is not a visit visa application, the argument that she will return to India because of the funds being held in a Indian bank account appears irrelevant to me, under these particular circumstances.

That sounds about right!!