ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 general application in Uk- withdrawal of application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cancer_khan37
Newly Registered

Tier 4 general application in Uk- withdrawal of application

Post by cancer_khan37 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:40 pm

i need an advice regarding tier 4 general application.

i submitted my application for doctoral extension scheme (tier 4 extension application) in the UK. i got a letter to submit bio-metric on 16 of december. today i got a email to submit 150 pounds for IHC (immigration health insurance). i just got he news that i got a job back home.

if i want to withdraw the application now. what are the consequences ??. will i get the refund that i paid for the application form 439 pounds ??

secondly, if i decide to withdraw my application, i have to leave the country immediately ?? or i will have 28 days to leave the country ?? as the passport might take some time to come to me . ??.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 general application in Uk- withdrawal of applicat

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:41 pm

cancer_khan37 wrote:will i get the refund that i paid for the application form 439 pounds ??
No.
cancer_khan37 wrote:secondly, if i decide to withdraw my application, i have to leave the country immediately ?? or i will have 28 days to leave the country ?? as the passport might take some time to come to me . ??.
You become an overstayer on the day it is withdrawn, so you need to leave as soon as possible. If you were still in the UK after 90 days you would have a 12 month ban on UK entry clearance applications. Not sure where you are getting 28 days from, but it is not relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.