ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 (General Student Dependent Query)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sowhatrajiv
Newly Registered

Tier 4 (General Student Dependent Query)

Post by sowhatrajiv » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

Hello Viewers,

I would be very obliged if you can reply me about a query on applying for a dependent visa.

I am currently on ‘Tier 4 General Student’ visa expiring on 30-04-2014 and have 20 hours of work term time on my passport and my wife also has ‘Tier 4 General Student’ visa which also states that she has 20 hours of work term time visa on her passport. She is currently doing her MBA which is for 18 months. Her Visa expires on 02-09-2014.

I did check the UKBA website on dependent visa regulations but could not find the right answer to this immigration rule, thus now have a query on this matter!

“Can I apply on a dependent visa as her dependent from the UK or do I have to go the home country and apply as her dependent?”

Also the fact I really don't understand if I submit my application from Nepal which visa application form would I require, also what is PBS dependent form and VAF dependent form ?

I would be very grateful if I can get an answer or the link to my answers.

Sincerely,

sowhatrajiv@gmail.com

Deviser

Re: Tier 4 (General Student Dependent Query)

Post by Deviser » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 am

sowhatrajiv wrote:Can I apply on a dependent visa as her dependent from the UK or do I have to go the home country and apply as her dependent?

You need to leave UK and apply from home country to swtich as dependent.

sowhatrajiv wrote:Also the fact I really don't understand if I submit my application from Nepal which visa application form would I require, also what is PBS dependent form and VAF dependent form?

Your wife is a PBS migrant, so you need to apply as PBS dependent. You can only apply as dependent if your wife is studying in UK on university CAS/sponsorship.

sowhatrajiv
Newly Registered

Post by sowhatrajiv » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm

"You can only apply as dependent if your wife is studying in UK on university CAS/sponsorship."

Still not Clear ?? what is UNIVERSITY CAS/Sponsorship !!

she has enrolled on a course that is over 18 months and she is studying at the University !!!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 am

sowhatrajiv wrote:"You can only apply as dependent if your wife is studying in UK on university CAS/sponsorship."

Still not Clear ?? what is UNIVERSITY CAS/Sponsorship !!

she has enrolled on a course that is over 18 months and she is studying at the University !!!
This is about overall eligibility for student want to bring dependent in UK. It said "Apply". It does not say "Switch". You are actually switiching from main applicant to dependent of another main applicant, which needs you to exit UK and apply from home country. You can take legal advice on that from any good immigration lawyer.

University CAS / Sponsorship means, the CAS (previously called visa letters) must be directly issued by University.

If you wife is studying MBA in University, I think there will be no issue in switching except exit UK.