ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 premium service

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fractal
Newly Registered

Tier 4 premium service

Post by fractal » Mon May 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi,
I am finishing my BSc this summer and then will be doing an MSc course at a different university. My plan was to apply for a new visa using premium service and then travel in August. However, I read on internet ( quite old posts) that the premium slots are fully booked and one has to refresh at midnight to somehow secure a slot for a month later... Is it still the case nowadays?
I can't check right now because I have not got the CAS number and will do later in July after confirming the place.
If so then all my plans are ruined :( My old visa expires in November 2016, will it be fine to apply to renew it after I come back or should it be a new visa if I change my course/university?

Many thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 premium service

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:33 pm

that the premium slots are fully booked and one has to refresh at midnight to somehow secure a slot for a month later... Is it still the case nowadays?
No, it is no longer the case. HO changed the procedure and now charges each applicant £500 for premium service so the 'agents' who were block booking in previous years and selling appointments are no longer able to do it.

You need to make sure you apply in enough time so that you can receive your BRP card in the post before you travel. This can take a couple of weeks to arrive.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fractal
Newly Registered

Post by fractal » Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 pm

CR001 wrote: No, it is no longer the case. HO changed the procedure and now charges each applicant £500 for premium service so the 'agents' who were block booking in previous years and selling appointments are no longer able to do it.

You need to make sure you apply in enough time so that you can receive your BRP card in the post before you travel. This can take a couple of weeks to arrive.

Thanks God! I am not aware how it used to be but its a great relief , many thanks for clearing it up .
If somehow it takes too long, do you think it will be a problem to travel and get the BRP when I come back? Of course assuming the visa has been granted during the appointment.
I am a Malaysian citizen so I do not require a visa to enter the UK and also my old student visa still will be valid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:55 pm

You need the BRP card to board a plane and to re-enter the UK. The card is your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fractal
Newly Registered

Post by fractal » Mon May 30, 2016 11:44 pm

CR001 wrote:You need the BRP card to board a plane and to re-enter the UK. The card is your visa.
My current visa is in the passport though, its not a BRP and is valid until November. Will it be revoked when I apply for a new one?
In any case I don't need a visa to enter the UK, so can't I travel and collect it when I come back if it arrives late?
Sorry for the confusion earlier.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:33 pm

Your current visa will be cancelled once a new Tier 4 is issued as far as I know.

You CANNOT enter the UK as a 'visitor', it will invalidate any other visa you hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fractal
Newly Registered

Post by fractal » Tue May 31, 2016 1:36 pm

CR001 wrote:Your current visa will be cancelled once a new Tier 4 is issued as far as I know.

You CANNOT enter the UK as a 'visitor', it will invalidate any other visa you hold.
Ah I see, thank you for your help.