ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 (recent changes in rule)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Viki123
Newly Registered

tier 4 (recent changes in rule)

Post by Viki123 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:43 am

Hi every one,
As i started this topic last year and got really helpfull advice thanks to every one. I did won the appeal this year and started my degree in sep 2015 but homeoffice issued me visa according to the CAS they had (old one) although they knew that i was withdrawn by my uni and my course supposed to finish in 2016 but now it will finish in 2017.
So i have visa until next year. When i recieved my BRP i contacted my uni for advice. And uni said they hav confirmed it with home office that i have to make an visa extension application before my current leave expires and they won't curtail my visa.
Now the problem is new rules about tier 4 cap (5 years) uni contacted me and told me that i won't be able to get a visa extension coz my duration will be more then 5 years after getting the visa extension. As i won my appeal on this time limit miscalculation.

As i told in my previous post im reapeting it again i was issued a visa at undergraduate level for 3 years and 8 months but my degree was finished in exactly 3 years and my current course duration is 1 year 7 months. When i made a appeal the rule was only course duration will be counted and i won the appeal but didn't got correct visa even i mentioned it to judge that please make a note that i was withdrawn from uni and now i am going to start again so home office should give me visa according to new dates and she did mention in my appeal decision.
Please help me with this one. What should i do next. Any question please ask me.

Thanks and Best regards.

HONDAKKJ
Newly Registered

Re: tier 4 (recent changes in rule)

Post by HONDAKKJ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi

i won my tier 4 general student appeal ,do i have to apply for the extension within the country or do i have to go back and apply from there?

decision date 21/12/2015