ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mickey_Yar
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Refusal

Post by Mickey_Yar » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi everyone

I got tier 4 visa refusal based on maintenance. ECO comment: "A Tier 4(General) student must show that he/she has held the required money for consecutive 28 lay period(finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 1 month before his/her application. You have provided a letter from your mother's financial institution(Citi) stating the ending balance on her account is £21841.99, however, this does not demonstrate in detail that this amount has been held for a period of 28 days. I note that you have also provided a Lloyds bank statement in your name, however, this bank statement does not demonstrate that you have held the required funds for the mandatory 28 day period. Per paragraph 1A(c) of Appendix C, you are not awarded 10 points for your maintenance".
But 1) I did no submit any letters from financial institution of my mother, the amount of money they mention as well as institution's name does not come up in my application. 2) I believe my bank statement is fine and so does visa adviser from university who checked it a few times before and after i applied for visa. So balance on 7.12.16 is £9258, closing balance on 9.01.17 is £10102 (funds required is £9135).

Anyone with a similar experience? I hope to apply for administrative review but waiting for a conformation from university as they want to double check everything to make sure there is no other reasons for refusal

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Refusal

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:18 pm

This appears to be a case worker error, and your application has possibly been confused with someone else's. If that is so, and there is no other reason for the refusal, an administrative review would overturn it.

Given the fairly clear error by the caseworker, your university may be able to escalate the AR via their Premium Customer Services Team at the Home Office. I advise you ask them about this.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mickey_Yar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Refusal

Post by Mickey_Yar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:56 pm

sah10406 wrote:This appears to be a case worker error, and your application has possibly been confused with someone else's. If that is so, and there is no other reason for the refusal, an administrative review would overturn it.

Given the fairly clear error by the caseworker, your university may be able to escalate the AR via their Premium Customer Services Team at the Home Office. I advise you ask them about this.
Thanks a lot! Will ask university if it's possible.