ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 rejected on the basis of not being a genuine student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tapojoy
Newly Registered

Tier 4 rejected on the basis of not being a genuine student

Post by Tapojoy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Hello, my Student visa has been rejected with a reason that I am not a genuine student.
I am about to submit my Admin Review form, challenging each one of the points stated in the ECO comments.

Each one of the point in the comments are completely wrong and I have evidence for each one them to be proved wrong. I had received a 40% scholarship from Loughborough University for an MBA program!!!

Even if they come back by saying that there decision was wrong, I will miss the start date for my college!

I am getting my Admin Review comments reviewed by an Immigration lawyer in London and will then send it in to the British High Commission.

Will them revoking their decision make a difference in my future applications? I am planning to apply again for a January session. I am very worried that they will mess things up for me again!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 rejected on the basis of not being a genuine stud

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 am

If your admin review is successful it will overturn the decision and your record will be clear.
If it is not successful then the refusal will remain on your record and you will be required to declare the refusal for all future visa applications regardless of what country you apply for.

One piece of advice - dont rely of the scholarship as having any weight. MBA courses are seen as virtually worthless in the UK as they have become so devalued. It is nearly an exclusive overseas student preserve so the course fees are based on inflated prices to begin with. So your scholarship is no more than a discount.