ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 scholar switch to Tier 2

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doriangray3235
Newly Registered

Tier 4 scholar switch to Tier 2

Post by doriangray3235 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:30 am

Hi!

My case is a little different and I hope to hear from anyone here.

I'm on a Tier 4 visa now and will finish my degree. I am on a scholarship (full tuition but NOT full maintenance, meaning, just part of my maintenance was covered by the scholarship) and I am planning to switch to a Tier 2 visa.

Now, the guidelines for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 says that I need to present a no objection letter from my sponsor about me staying in the UK after graduation if both tuition and maintenance was covered.

The question is, is there any way my application for switching can pass without them asking for the letter as I am afraid that it will not be given to me by my university for visa purposes. Like maybe can the application go as a regular one that does not require that letter? Or can they check it on my Tier 4 records that I am a scholar?

Really need your help. It is just awful back home that's why I really do not want to go back :( :( :(

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 scholar switch to Tier 2

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:38 pm

doriangray3235 wrote:Now, the guidelines for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 says that I need to present a no objection letter from my sponsor about me staying in the UK after graduation if both tuition and maintenance was covered.
I think you may have misread the rules and guidance about this. Who provides your scholarship?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

DiegoD
Newly Registered

Post by DiegoD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:06 pm

The question is, is there any way my application for switching can pass without them asking for the letter as I am afraid that it will not be given to me by my university for visa purposes. Like maybe can the application go as a regular one that does not require that letter? Or can they check it on my Tier 4 records that I am a scholar?

Really need your help. It is just awful back home that's why I really do not want to go back :( :( :([/quote]

DiegoD
Newly Registered

Post by DiegoD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 pm

If you got to know how to handle the situation let me know please, I'm facing the same question