ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student 60 Days letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amara Ali
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student 60 Days letter

Post by Amara Ali » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi ,

My name is Amara Ali i was pursuing MBA through Sunderland University. My extension was due as a module was pending . I applied for extension issued by Sunderland University but that was a tension period for universities so they withdraw the CAS with my consent and my application was refused by Home office however i had appeal and the appealed was allowed .

Home office issued me a 60 days letters to find a new sponsor on 28/04/2016 where as no university has an intake before September and my 60 days period ends on 27/06/2016. I wrote a letter to home office requesting an extension of another 60 days as universities issue CAS only 28 days prior intake. I haven't heard anything from them till date.

Experts please advise what actions are to be taken further your suggestions will be very valuable and helful.

Thanks in Advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 student 60 Days letter

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:11 am

The Home Office will not extend your 60 days as they are not compelled to do so. They have met their requirements as per the appeal process and given you the opportunity to get a CAS to make a new application. If you can't do so then that is not their concern.

Going forward - unless you can legally challenge the curtailment in order to extend your stay your options are extremely limited.

Others can offer advice on the more dubious routes to prolonging your stay until you get in the zone for a CAS to be issued.

Have you sought a CAS from any Uni? If not I suggest you do so because you might find that is even more of a barrier because of academic progression and your immigration history.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 student 60 Days letter

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:22 am

Amara Ali wrote:I wrote a letter to home office requesting an extension of another 60 days as universities issue CAS only 28 days prior intake. I haven't heard anything from them till date.
They issue the CAS up to 3 months before the start of the course, not 28 days.

But either way, that is not any grounds to stay in the UK beyond your curtailment. I advise you leave the UK by your curtailment date. You can do everything you need to do from your country, then apply for a new Tier 4 visa with no overstay or spurious extension application blemishing your immigration history.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.