ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 student and student dependant visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fatema2331
Newly Registered

tier 4 student and student dependant visa

Post by fatema2331 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:14 pm

hi,
i and my husband are living in uk and my husband's visa expired in may due to which we had to apply for tier 4 visa again. we had applied together in may, my husband have got visa in the very next month but i havnt heard anything regarding my visa yet.
could you please help me out that why is it so? normally the student and his dependant gets the reply together. why is there a delay in our case?

janazaif
Newly Registered

Re: tier 4 student and student dependant visa

Post by janazaif » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi, UKBA is holding visa decisions nowadays due to two reasons,
1, they are going through some changes in rules
2, Immigration act 2014 implementation in the end of the Oct 2014 in which they will not give right of appeal in case of refusal
I am in the same boat I had interview and still waiting. Many of my friends got visa but still waiting for dependents decision.
so, lets pray and hope that we get visa with our dependents before 28 Oct or otherwise get right of appeal in case of refusal.
hope this help, good luck

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:58 am

Right of appeal will remain for all applications prior to 28/10 so don't worry about that.
As for delay - if you applied at the same time you should have had your decision at the same time as the lead person. Chase it up with UKVI

htrmi
Newly Registered

Post by htrmi » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:56 pm

hi there,

today i received my documents,,,, along with passport & pix but i did nt receive my husband's passport..... i know brp card will take 7 to 10 days but i am worried bcoz i got all documents except my husband's passport...... and even on letter they did nt write anything regarding visa of my dependent....... so what does this mean :(((((((
3 of my class mates got their visas dependennt visa with working right
but 2 of my class mates got their visa & ukvi rejected their dependent visa on the basis of college student not a university student.....

dont know what these ppl r doing but right now m worried abt my husband's visa :( ......... why they r doing all this.........