ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student. College Revoked, But did not recived letter.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

p.in4matics
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student. College Revoked, But did not recived letter.

Post by p.in4matics » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:00 pm

I was a Level 5 student in one of the College at London. Unfortunately College got REVOKED in Janaury 2015 .
The question here is to know that do I need to take addmission in another College/Univesity within Sixty days from Revoked date of my College or from the date when I am suppose to recive any Curtailment letter from UKBA.
Eagrly wating for your reply.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 Student. College Revoked, But did not recived let

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:19 pm

It will take a few weeks before you receive your curtailment letter in the normal scale of things.
Your 60 days will only start once you receive the letter.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:It will take a few weeks before you receive your curtailment letter in the normal scale of things.
Your 60 days will only start once you receive the letter.
Not exactly. The letter will give the curtailment date of the visa, which will be 60 days after the letter was generated and sent.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:22 pm

If you really want to be completely pedantic the letter actually post dates the curtailment date to 60 days from the expected postal arrival / delay of the letter to get to the migrant.
So it is 60 days plus two business days when calculating the actual date of curtailment.

searoze

Post by searoze » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:If you really want to be completely pedantic the letter actually post dates the curtailment date to 60 days from the expected postal arrival / delay of the letter to get to the migrant.
So it is 60 days plus two business days when calculating the actual date of curtailment.

Hi
You do not need to calculate date of curtailment. HO gives you exact date in the 60 days curtailment letter
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

maberl2002

Post by maberl2002 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:33 pm

YES 60 DAYS START WHEN THE LETTER FROM HO IS RECEIVED..

BUT I WOULD ADVISE YOU NOT TO WAIT FOR THAT......GET READY FOR YOUR NEXT STEP

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 pm

get supporting documents from the college that you have had a progression while the college was alive, and now the college's license is suspended therefore you will not be able to study there anymore and you need a new college to sponsor you.

in your current circumstances, you will have difficulties to find a college or university to give you admission and also keep in mind the college fees have sky rocketed.