ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student refusal visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tooti71
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student refusal visa

Post by Tooti71 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Greetings,

Your help is very much appreciated to support my UK visa application as it has been refused by the ECO; please refer to their comment below*. Note that during the submission of my application, I have missed to include the IELTS result which I believe it is the reason behind rejecting the application. I have scheduled an appointment for submitting a new Visa application with some supporting documents including the IELTS result; however I am worried about the requirement to submit a new CAS.

I would appreciate to provide me with your support and recommendation to overcome the above subject matter in a timely manner. Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

*"You have claimed 30 points for your CAS. You propose to study a Degree of Master of Business Administration . However you have not demonstrated that you hold an English language qualification at a minimum level of CEFR level B2, awarded by a body which appears on UKI'S list of approved English language tests.I am therefore not satisfied that you hold a valid CAS.I therefore refuse your application for entry clearance as a Tier 4 (General) Student under paragraph 245z(b) of the Immigration Rules"

Regards,

GreenHawk
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 student refusal visa

Post by GreenHawk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I am sorry for the refusal you got.
Yes indeed you must request a new CAS. Just scan and send your refusal letter to the university's visa assistance desk, they will allot you a new CAS letter with new CAS number.

I presume it was mentioned in your CAS that, you should submit your IELTS TRF.

In your new application make sure you mention your English assessment method as IELTS and enter your band score.

My university mentioned they mentioned they have assessed my English ability and said I need not submit any proof of that. Check your new CAS if they mentioned anything like this. Even if they mentioned like this, there is no harm submitting your IELTS TRF with your application.

Good luck.

Tooti71
Newly Registered

Post by Tooti71 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response. It was menatioed in the CAS to provide the Ielts result but I have missed to inculeded. Would be possible to apply again using the old CAS as I have already arranged an appointment for tomorrow with the Embassy.

GreenHawk
Newly Registered

Post by GreenHawk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 pm

No. If the CAS number is for ONE TIME USE. You cannot use the same CAS number/letter more than once.

Its your university's responsibility/decision to provide you with a new CAS. Please don't fix an appointment without new CAS, your visa will be automatically refused and you may even get a ban for providing false data.

If you need more information, please check your university's website or read your old CAS letter carefully. It will have guidance about what you have to do if your visa refused. Don't be hasty, do it as a sure shot this time.

Tooti71
Newly Registered

Post by Tooti71 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks again for your response. I have already sent the refusal letter to the university in order to obtain a new CAS.

In the new application, do I need to inculde the refusal letter ?
And also do I need to prepare a letter in order to just explaining that I have missed to inculde the english test in previous application ?

GreenHawk
Newly Registered

Post by GreenHawk » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:47 pm

You may not submit the letter with it as long as you don't go for an administrative review. You need not keep the cover letter either.

However, you should state the reason for the refusal in your new application in appropriate field.

Tooti71
Newly Registered

Post by Tooti71 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm

I hope the university will not take much time to issue the new CAS as my study becomes very close to start.

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Are you applying from outside the UK or inside the UK?

Tooti71
Newly Registered

Post by Tooti71 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi Kuzaaah

From outside Uk . I am worried as I am still waiting from the university to issue the new CAS.

Anyone knows how long the CAS will take for issuing?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:36 am

They should be able to instantly issue a new CaS