ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thomy83

Tier 4 student

Post by thomy83 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:01 pm

hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier 4 student visa in country.

Could you please confirm that do I need to main the first year fees in my bank account for 28 days as living expenses? I am not able to find a clear document regarding this.

thanks
thomas

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 student

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 am

Are you currently on a tier4.visa

thomy83

Post by thomy83 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:09 am

no tier 2 main applicant

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 am

43. The money you will need to show must be enough to cover the course fees for your first period of study or, if you are continuing a course, for the next period of study, and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. Your living costs might include payments towards the costs of your accommodation or purchasing study materials such as books or stationery. A maximum of £1,020 paid to your sponsor in advance for your accommodation can be deducted from the amount of maintenance you must show that you have, even if you have paid more than £1,020 in advance.

Extract from guidance

Based on that this is a switching applicable it would be treated as a first period of study.