ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa questions

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kathir
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student Visa questions

Post by Kathir » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 am

sah10406 wrote: That is completely irrelevant to your Tier 4 application. Having added these irrelevant documents, they will still be checked for authenticity, hence your refusal.

I'm afraid this seems to be a harsh lesson in not complicating your application by throwing in irrelevant documents.
Dear Sir,

1. a]. So do you want to say that even though we have submitted our CV and Work experience certificate as per the university requirement to get admission, we no need to submit the above when we are applying for student visa? b]. Do the university send our CV as well to the home office to get CAS?

2. If I amn't submitting my CV & experience during VISA application, don't they ask to submit those? Don't they expect to review everything that I have submitted to the Uni to get admission?

3. What is SAR file document? What kind of information will they have in that? Will they have my CV that i submitted in the past as well? ( I am applying for 2nd Masters after a long time. Finished my 1st masters in 2008. I am at present in India)

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Kathir

Kathir
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa Refusal -320(7B)

Post by Kathir » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:54 pm

sah10406 wrote: That is completely irrelevant to your Tier 4 application. Having added these irrelevant documents, they will still be checked for authenticity, hence your refusal.

I'm afraid this seems to be a harsh lesson in not complicating your application by throwing in irrelevant documents.
Dear Sir/Madam,

1. a]. So do you want to say that even though we have submitted our CV and Work experience certificate as per the university requirement to get admission, we no need to submit the above when we are applying for student visa? b]. Do the university send our CV as well to the home office to get CAS?

2. If I amn't submitting my CV & experience during VISA application, don't they ask me to submit those? Don't they want to review everything that I have submitted to the Uni to get admission?

3. What is SAR file document? What kind of information will they have in that? Will they have my CV that i submitted in the past as well? ( I am applying for 2nd Masters after a long time. Finished my 1st masters in 2008. I am at present in India. Reason for returning back to the UK to do anther MSc or MRes (masters by research) is my professor of university of Leeds is willing to sponsor me a PhD provided that I prove me once again.)

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Kathir

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Please don't continue to re-post the same question. Someone will reply when they have an answer to your query...and you've tagged onto another member's post which in confusing and limits your chance of a response.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:44 pm

1. a]. So do you want to say that even though we have submitted our CV and Work experience certificate as per the university requirement to get admission, we no need to submit the above when we are applying for student visa? Yes

b]. Do the university send our CV as well to the home office to get CAS? No

2. If I amn't submitting my CV & experience during VISA application, don't they ask to submit those? No

Don't they expect to review everything that I have submitted to the Uni to get admission? No, just qualifications listed on the CAS as the basis of the offer.

3. What is SAR file document? What kind of information will they have in that? Will they have my CV that i submitted in the past as well? ( I am applying for 2nd Masters after a long time. Finished my 1st masters in 2008. I am at present in India) No idea, but does not seem to be relevant to your current application.
[/quote]
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

noajthan

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa questions

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:54 pm

This post/question has been moved to its own topic to avoid further confusion & jumbling with any another topic.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kathir
Newly Registered

Is it an OVERSTAY?

Post by Kathir » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 am

Dear Sirs / Madams,

I completed an MSc at the University of Leeds in Nov 2007. I got Post Study Work Visa extension for 1 year and with expiry date as 18, Feb 2009.

I couldn't get the extension of Post Study Work for an another year, as I haven't maintained the required amount of £1000 for 3 months continuously (inadvertently it dipped below £1000 for few days) before the application of extensions.

As per my friend's suggestion, who got a 1-year visa extension in the very similar scenario by the court order, I appealed to the court against the Home Office decision. Unfortunately, I couldn't the same result of my friend.

I received the final verdict of the High court by post on 02/12/2009. But actually, the rejection verdict is made on 17/11/2009 by the court . I left the UK on 30/12/2009. Nothing untoward things happened at anywhere.

Now I am planning for further studies in the UK. In this regard, please clarify my following doubts.

1. From which date the 28 days window period will be calculated? ( I came to know about the order only on 2/12/2009 only. There was no other way I could have known that verdict on the date of pronouncing)

2. Did I overstay? What I have to declare in the visa application form in FUTURE?

3. Will the appeal against the Home Office decision in the court in the past be A NEGATIVE IN FUTURE VISA APPLICATION?

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Kathir.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:53 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:58 am

You should declare your overstay. But it shouldn't negatively affect your entry clearance application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.