ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 TO SPOUSE CATEGORY

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mountain884
Newly Registered

TIER 4 TO SPOUSE CATEGORY

Post by mountain884 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 pm

HI EVERYONE..,

I NEED YOU SUGGESTION PLEASE.

I CAME TO THIS COUNTRY IN MARCH 2007 AND WAS IN STUDENT VISA UNTIL NOVEMBER 2010. I DID DIPLOMA AND ADVANCE DIPLOMA COURSE FROM ONE OF THE COLLEGE IN LONDON AND EXAM WAS INTERNAL. AFTER THAT I REMAIN IN PSW FOR 2 YEARS UNTIL JAN 2013. RIGHT NOW I AM DOING LEVEL 8 COURSE.
BUT I AM GETTING MARRIED WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS IN TIER 4 VISA AND SHES DOING MASTERS DEGREE. THEREFORE I HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE MY CATEGORY INTO DEPENDENT. THEREFORE, I AM WONDERING IF THERE WILL BE ANY PROBLEM TO SWITCH INTO SPOUSE CATEGORY AS I HAVE BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY FOR 7 YEARS. AND I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY TO APPLY. WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM IF I GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY TO APPLY FOR IT..???
YOUR SUGGESTION WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU

Deviser

Re: TIER 4 TO SPOUSE CATEGORY

Post by Deviser » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:48 pm

mountain884 wrote:HI EVERYONE..,

I NEED YOU SUGGESTION PLEASE.

I CAME TO THIS COUNTRY IN MARCH 2007 AND WAS IN STUDENT VISA UNTIL NOVEMBER 2010. I DID DIPLOMA AND ADVANCE DIPLOMA COURSE FROM ONE OF THE COLLEGE IN LONDON AND EXAM WAS INTERNAL. AFTER THAT I REMAIN IN PSW FOR 2 YEARS UNTIL JAN 2013. RIGHT NOW I AM DOING LEVEL 8 COURSE.
BUT I AM GETTING MARRIED WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS IN TIER 4 VISA AND SHES DOING MASTERS DEGREE. THEREFORE I HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE MY CATEGORY INTO DEPENDENT. THEREFORE, I AM WONDERING IF THERE WILL BE ANY PROBLEM TO SWITCH INTO SPOUSE CATEGORY AS I HAVE BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY FOR 7 YEARS. AND I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY TO APPLY. WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM IF I GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY TO APPLY FOR IT..???
YOUR SUGGESTION WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU
If you are eligible for spouse visa and fullfil all visa requirments than it should'nt be a problem.

mountain884
Newly Registered

Post by mountain884 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:15 pm

If you are eligible for spouse visa and fullfil all visa requirments than it should'nt be a problem.[/quote]

Hi there,

Lots of appreciation for your prompt reply.

But I am wondering, just incase if there's any problem in my documentation n visa gets refuse.., what will happen to my recent visa..??? Will that be cancelled or I can still come back in that visa ..????

Thank you

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 pm

mountain884 wrote:If you are eligible for spouse visa and fullfil all visa requirments than it should'nt be a problem.

Hi there,

Lots of appreciation for your prompt reply.

But I am wondering, just incase if there's any problem in my documentation n visa gets refuse.., what will happen to my recent visa..??? Will that be cancelled or I can still come back in that visa ..????

Thank you[/quote]

Thats complicated. They may cancel you existing visa but I think they will not cancel your student visa, if CAS is valid and course is still running and you still enrolled and interested that course, and your sponsor can confirm you are on the course and on approved holidays to be in your home country.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 pm

mountain884 wrote: But I am wondering, just incase if there's any problem in my documentation n visa gets refuse.., what will happen to my recent visa..??? Will that be cancelled or I can still come back in that visa ..????

Thank you
Generally a 6 months absence does not break your previously built 7 years residence.
Anyhow as long as your institute is active and on return you have got institute letter authorizing you to travel without affecting your studies/attendance then most likely you will be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sleek4u2c
Newly Registered

Post by sleek4u2c » Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 am

Hello everyone

I am an International student on a TIER 4 visa and during my study i and my girlfriend(british by birth) started dating and we could'nt stand the thought of being separated due to immigration laws and since we are really serious about our relationship, we are getting married.

However, because she slightly falls short of the 18,600 threshold for income requirements to convert from tier4 to spouse visa, i feel my application for extension will be rejected.

It gets complicated because she is pregnant and we are expecting the baby by September 2015 which is the month i must return back to my country.

I am really sad that we would be separated and i wont see the birth of my baby and i would like to take her back with me but she does not wish to come with me as she feels its not safe for her. I dont want to be separated from my young family. Does anybody know what i can do? any advice about what options are available to me?
i will not break the immigration law and i will go back b4 my visa expires but i want to know that i have tried all my best for my family. any suggestions? any at all? thanks