ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 to Tier-2 without completing course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sancha

Tier-4 to Tier-2 without completing course

Post by sancha » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:37 am

Hello
One of my friend came in UK in Sept 2013 for master degree on Tier-4 visa. One of the company recently offered her a job based on her previous experience and happy to give her Tier-2 sponsorship. She has not completed her course and company will not wait until she finish her course. Please can you give some advice how she can change visa from Tier-4 to Tier-2 now as she do not want to loose this job opportunity?
Thanks

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-4 to Tier-2 without completing course

Post by quantum1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 pm

She can switch if she did her Bachelor's degree here. Otherwise she has to leave the country and apply for a restricted COS.
The author of this post is not an immigration expert. Any statements made are commentary personal opinions and should not be construed as advice.

sancha

Post by sancha » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks, She has not completed any study in the UK.

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:33 pm

quantum1 wrote:She can switch if she did her Bachelor's degree here. Otherwise she has to leave the country and apply for a restricted COS.
Hello,

My wife is currently studying in Level 8, she already had a master degree in UK, would like to know if she gets an offer from a Tier 2 Sponsor, would she be able to switch into Tier 2 from Tier 4 during her studies?

Thanks in advance!

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:52 am

Hi All,

Appreciate your early response.

Need to apply ASAP.

regards and thanks

Lilu15
Newly Registered

Post by Lilu15 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:29 pm

TAK wrote:
quantum1 wrote:She can switch if she did her Bachelor's degree here. Otherwise she has to leave the country and apply for a restricted COS.
Hello,

My wife is currently studying in Level 8, she already had a master degree in UK, would like to know if she gets an offer from a Tier 2 Sponsor, would she be able to switch into Tier 2 from Tier 4 during her studies?

Thanks in advance!
Hi TAK and Quantum1 ,

I have a masters degree from UK university, obtained in 2012, after which I was granted PSW. Currently I am on tier 4, which I have ot finished and will not be finishing until February next year. I have a job offer with sponsorship and my employer will not wait until next year. Do you think I can switch to Tier 2 without having to leave the country and without Resident Labour Test? will I have to be offered a level 6 job and no lower?

Many thanks in advance
Lilu