ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Priority Service?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chilaquil
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa Priority Service?

Post by chilaquil » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:42 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a Mexican student who is applying for a Tier 4 Visa. I already have my CAS number, all the necessary documents and the appointment at the embassy (this Monday). I'm currently working and might need to travel the next two months to south america for work reasons. For this I need my passport and would like to get it back, after I hand it in, as soon as possible. I saw that there is the option to pay for a priority service, this is where my question comes in: the priority service applies to the Tier 4 visa? I ask this because on the VFSGlobal webpage (http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Mexico/engli ... vices.html) it says:
Who can apply?

This service is available for all visa categories with the exception of: Tier 1 exceptional talent, Settlement, EEA Family Permit and Overseas and Commonwealth visa applications. EEA Family Permit applicants are not required to purchase priority services. EEA Family Permit applications are considered priority, free of any additional charge
But on the service payment page the description of the priority service states:
The Home Office will expedite the processing of your visa application and return of your documents. Customers may request this service if they are applying for a visitor visa (excluding student visas) and have travelled without difficulty in the last five years to one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or a Schengen country.
Has someone used the Priority service for a Tier 4 visa? Is the possibility of it applying to a Tier 4 visa country specific?

Thank you,
Victor

smartlittless
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Visa Priority Service?

Post by smartlittless » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi,

I'm now facing the same problem with you. Do you mind to share with me how did it go in the end?

I have paid the priority service fee even though I saw 'excluding student visa' and I'm just hoping they can process my visa faster.

chilaquil
Newly Registered

Post by chilaquil » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi,

In the end I did not payed the priority service. But when I was at the embassy for the interview they told me that it does apply for the Tier 4 Visa. Several friends used it successfully to get their visa. It took for them like 1 week. In may case, without the priority service it took like 4 weeks.

Hope you get yours soon!

smartlittless
Newly Registered

Post by smartlittless » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Thank you:D that helps a lot!

atifh1187
Newly Registered

Post by atifh1187 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:43 pm

I applied for the priority service for Tier 4 visa and got my passport today (in four working days). So yeah the priority service is worth if you do not want to wait for 3-4 weeks for a decision.

However I would like to know if anyone else got their visa stamped for the full duration of the course? I was expecting the stamp (vignette) would be just for 30 days and I would receive a letter stating the details for collection of the residence permit from the post office. I applied for a PhD course and my visa sticker on the passport if valid for next 4 years and 4 months. Did someone else get the visa stamped for the full duration too??

Btwentyone
Newly Registered

Post by Btwentyone » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:45 pm

atifh1187 wrote:I applied for the priority service for Tier 4 visa and got my passport today (in four working days). So yeah the priority service is worth if you do not want to wait for 3-4 weeks for a decision.

However I would like to know if anyone else got their visa stamped for the full duration of the course? I was expecting the stamp (vignette) would be just for 30 days and I would receive a letter stating the details for collection of the residence permit from the post office. I applied for a PhD course and my visa sticker on the passport if valid for next 4 years and 4 months. Did someone else get the visa stamped for the full duration too??
Hi! The priority service sounds promising! I've sent my application for Tier 4 Visa 2 days ago, using the priority service and am now waiting for a result. I'll let you know if I get the same results as you (Duration and stamp wise!)

Which country are you applying from?

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Btwentyone wrote:
atifh1187 wrote:I applied for the priority service for Tier 4 visa and got my passport today (in four working days). So yeah the priority service is worth if you do not want to wait for 3-4 weeks for a decision.

Hi! The priority service sounds promising! I've sent my application for Tier 4 Visa 2 days ago, using the priority service and am now waiting for a result. I'll let you know if I get the same results as you (Duration and stamp wise!)

Which country are you applying from?

Kind Regards
You have posted in a topic that is more than a year old. Please don't dig up old threads.

The user you quote has only ever posted 2 posts and last logged in on 4th July 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.