ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa with two refusals

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pakistan78
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa with two refusals

Post by Pakistan78 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi
I have applied for a tier 4 visa. Unfortunately, my application for a visit to uk was refused in 2007 and later as a family visitor in 2013 due to apparent "not strong enough ties with Pakistan".
I just wish to know if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what could be the bearing of previous refusals on my tier 4 application?
Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 visa with two refusals

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 am

Have you got your CAS yet or are you just thinking about studying in the UK?

The chances of getting a visa are not technically diminished by your previous refusals as long as there was no deception involved.
You will get a very tough time when you do the genuineness test interview. So be prepared to answer their questions about why you want to study in the UK etc. Why that college, why that course, what your studying currently in your country, where did the funds come from, etc. They will push you very hard but you would expect that given your refusals.

I am not saying it will easy but it is not impossible. You will have better chance if you are going to a University.

Pakistan78
Newly Registered

Post by Pakistan78 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:06 pm

I have CAS from sheffield university in a postgraduate dentistry course as I am a dentist.
There was no deception involved in previous applications which was acknowledged by the ECO as well but on "balance of probabilities" the visa was not granted on both occasions.
I have not been called for a second interview and have just been intimated that my passport is ready to collect. The credibility interview held at the time of application submission was not out of the ordinary at all.
Fingers crossed, I suppose.
Thanks for your reply.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Looks like you will be able the lovely wet and cold weather of the UK very soon ;-)

Pakistan78
Newly Registered

Post by Pakistan78 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 am

I have been granted a tier 4 visa :D
Thanks for your help frontiermole.