ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier4 level 8 admission refusal on bases of awarding body

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

glasgow1
Newly Registered

tier4 level 8 admission refusal on bases of awarding body

Post by glasgow1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:24 am

hi every one

My friend got admission in LEVEL 8 (EBMA) from college ,AND he got refusal and saying that ** EBMA is not register with "OFQUAL" . IS any one can tell me what he will do .as ppl got visa on this awarding body in past . many thanks

Cody
Newly Registered

Re: tier4 level 8 admission refusal on bases of awarding bo

Post by Cody » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 am

I also applied for leave to remain to do level 8( EBMA ),my visa has been refused on the grounds of 5 year cap at degree level,However i was given full 40 points for CAS and Maintenance,that means my CAS for level 8( EBMA )is Acceptable.Home office is working on a strategy to restrict student visas even if you are legitimate student and eligible to study here, they just dont want to give you visa,If any of your class mate has been given visa to do level 8( EBMA ), then you should get legal advice and challenge the decision made by the home office because this is clearly unfair. Wish u best of luck.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: tier4 level 8 admission refusal on bases of awarding bo

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:35 am

EBMA is not a recognized Ofqual awarding body and hence the refusal. Many dubious colleges have registered with this accreditation body once they have lost their CMI accreditation. It is used to give the impression that the college has appropriate accreditation and can offer a level 8 course so offering progression from all those level 7 programs that many students are stuck on.
The bottom line is simple - if you are being offered a EDMA course you should not get a tier 4 visa.