ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 rejected due to lack of funds: Wait another 28 days?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nimeire
Newly Registered

Tier4 rejected due to lack of funds: Wait another 28 days?

Post by Nimeire » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:26 am

Hi! Please help who can!

I've just received a refusal of entry due to insufficient maintenance funds (the RUB/GBP exchange rate went up a lot and by the date of application the account turned out to be around 500 pounds short of the required amount)..

There's no turning back now, so I'm going to re-apply, but here's the question - do I need to wait another 28 days after I replenish my account and make sure there's enough money in it, or can I apply right after I receive a new CAS? The 28-days scenario is a nightmare - the 28days from yesterday will expire a couple of days after the course starts, and then there's all that time they're going to examine my new visa application...

I sent queries to https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ and the Educators Helpdesk, but neither were able to answer the question (the first service claim to provide only general info and status updates, the second one helps only universities). Has anyone had this, or a similar situation? To wait or not to wait?

I'll be grateful for any advice!
____
Eugenia

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier4 rejected due to lack of funds: Wait another 28 day

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Nimeire wrote:do I need to wait another 28 days after I replenish my account and make sure there's enough money in it, or can I apply right after I receive a new CAS?
You don't need to wait 28 days for its own sake before applying again, but whatever date you apply, you need to have had the right amount of money in place for 28 days. The closing balance can be up to 31 days before you apply.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.