ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 visa - got refusal 1st time & Applied for second time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saba1993
Newly Registered

Tier4 visa - got refusal 1st time & Applied for second time

Post by saba1993 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi ,
I'm sabarigirinathan . I Applied to tier4 visa on 18/8/2015 for MSc Advanced Telecommunication and wireless engineering in London south bank university at chennai VFS. I got Refusal under paragraph 245ZV stating that i'm not a genuine student eventhough i got 30 poins for CAS and 10 points for Maintenance . Eventhough i appiled for admin review to prove my genuineness , it was not helpful for me . The visa officer Refused because of my vague answer in interview about post study plans . So, i'm unable to go for september Intake.

Then, I waited for over 3 months and got offer from University of hertfordshire for the course MSc Radio and Mobile Communication for January2016 Intake. Well, i paid my full tuition fees in order to prove my genuineness in terms of financial credibility and having maintenance (11,385GBP) as bank loan . i took educational loan for Rs.20,00,000 by pledging my own house property of worth Rs.85,00,000 . And i utilised Rs.7,00,000 from bank loan and 5,00,000 (Own money - which i got refund from London south bank university ) for paying my tuition fees (12,000 GBP) So, Remaining loan amount Rs.13,00,000/- is for maintenance .

After getting CAS from university of Hertfordshire . I applied to tier4 visa on 29/12/2015 at VFS Chennai,India. On that day , due to some technical issues (Server problem) i was unable to attend skpe interview. so, i submitted my documents and biometrics and came back to home . Its Standard visa . I got a mail from British Deputy High commission on 31/12/2015 stating that they recieved my Visa Application and started the process . Then, again on 7/1/2016 I got an call from Embassy , they called me for an Interview on 13/1/2016 . so, I WENT to British Deputy High Commission , Chennai .

I went earlier , and was waiting . I was very nervous . The interview started smoothly . I Answered all the question correctly as i prepared and researched very well this time . Clearly explained my post study plans, refusal reason,why this course , why this university , why not London south bank university , etc.. I'm sure Visa officer will be satisfied with my answers . Everything went well . Except one question. I was totally down . AND thinking about that every minute even after the interview is over.

The question is about the property that i pledged to get loan from the bank . The question arised while i'm answering about my Educational Loan details . Like this , " The bank sanctioned the loan only after thoroughly checking about the repayment capacity of the borrower and got a registered morgage on my immovable house property of worth 85,00,000/-" .

The conversation be like this :

Visa officer : What is the morgage amount ?
Me: sorry , i have understand , could u please repeat the question ?
Visa Officer : U said that u registered morgage on house property to the bank. What is the morgage amount?
Me: 20,00,000 INR
Visa officer : no no , its the Loan amount . I'm not asking that . I'm asking you about the morgage amount
Me: The house property is of worth Rs.85,00,000/- I Have taken a loan of just Rs.20,00,000/-
Visa officer : No no. OK. Whats the amount that u will repay to the bank ?
Me: Including the interest , It will be around 25,00,000 INR
Visa officer : yeah. ok . Then what will be the remaining amount .
Me: Rs.60,00,000/-
Visa officer : Ok. THEN WHAT IS THE MORGAGE AMOUNT ?
Me : Sorry, i don't know . can't understand.
Visa officer : Ok , did u understand all the questions and answered honestly.
Me: Yeah .
Visa officer : Thats the end of the interview . I'lll make a decision on your Application .
Me: Thank you .

Now, I'm in a confused state . whether I'll get a visa or refusal again ? i made mistake on only one question . All the other questions are excellent answers , i practised more than 10 to 20 times .What to do . Could u please give your opinion on this .

Thanking you,
SABARIGIRINATHAN T